+3
FLEXNBEEF
Saucemonkey34
chasem0420
7 posters

Great idea for meals on the go!!!

MdTNT
    MdTNT

Great idea for meals on the go!!! Empty Great idea for meals on the go!!!

Post by MdTNT Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 am

Lately i have been working out of the office (home office) and out in the field so i dont have as much time to get back to teh house and mix my shakes and prepare meals. Most of us tend to cook meals or a large portion of our meals once a week or twice depending on the food intake and what type of dieting we are doing. I hate drinking shakes that have been sitting in a luke warm cooler with a little ice or even in the seat next to me in the truck. Now have in mind i'm a general contractor so i move around a lot. While in one of the super stores the other day i saw (for the one millionth time) those little refrigertors/food warmers you plug into your cigarette lighter. I gave in and bought one. This little contraption holds two six packs stacked or in my case to quart sized fluid containorswhich i keep two extra delicious shakes in for my 2nd and 3rd meals. Now this sn't a sales pitch but i bought two of them which sit nicely in the back seat of my avelanche plugged in and rpetty damn suave if i might add. I get enough in the both of them to keep my 2nd and 3rd meal/snacks cold until i'm ready to eat. Now this is about the coolest invention i've ever seen. I still keep a conventional cooler in the back but it's only big enough to hold two one gallon jugs of water for me and some cokes and other sodas for my crews if they want 'em. Just had to share this with every one here....hell, you probably already have one of 'em yourself.
    chasem0420
    chasem0420

Great idea for meals on the go!!! Empty Re: Great idea for meals on the go!!!

Post by chasem0420 Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 am

sounds like a good idea bro.. i usually bring a cooler around with me and pack a couple sandwhiches and bottles of water... the plug in fridge sounds a bit better, tho
    Saucemonkey34

Post by Saucemonkey34 Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 am

Hey MdTNT! Sounds like a great contraption. Im sick and tired of drink warm shakes too. Its to the point where i try to avoid it, even after a long workout. Would you mind telling me where i can buy one in a store or online it would really help alot.
    FLEXNBEEF

Post by FLEXNBEEF Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:40 am

You can get them cheaper at a truckstop. I drive for a living and just about every large truckstop sells them. They even have some that will chill and heat.
    MdTNT
    MdTNT

Post by MdTNT Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 am

FLEXNBEEF wrote:You can get them cheaper at a truckstop. I drive for a living and just about every large truckstop sells them. They even have some that will chill and heat.

yeah i've started seeing them at TA's and other truck stops lately since i bought mine. Most of them are heat/chill. I got mine at wall mart but i also saw them at walgreens and another store. I think teh average price is under $30.00 I wish i had been the person to invent this littel doozie....some guys have all the luck.
    FLEXNBEEF

Post by FLEXNBEEF Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 am

I'm home every night so I don't have the need for one. I like to eat everything and I'm not a big clean eater until I do a show and then it's down to business with the trusty cooler every day.
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

Post by Eating Machine Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am

Hey Mdtnt, we do similar work. I've done some commercial general contracting. Lately I've been doing professional consulting on construction related projects and am moving into loss mitigation as well soon.

I've threatened to open a company called "Anything for a buck construction" for a long time. Or how about this one "Cash Construction"....just make the check out to " cash". LOL
    MdTNT
    MdTNT

Post by MdTNT Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Eating Machine wrote:Hey Mdtnt, we do similar work. I've done some commercial general contracting. Lately I've been doing professional consulting on construction related projects and am moving into loss mitigation as well soon.

I've threatened to open a company called "Anything for a buck construction" for a long time. Or how about this one "Cash Construction"....just make the check out to " cash". LOL

LMAO....EM you hit the nail on the head....sheap labor is starting to kill me...i've started a breeding porgram with my hispanic employees....now i just have to sit back and wait for them to be old enough to work...lol
    gotta start bringing the wwage an hour minimum down to compete with rising material cost. And Bush is supposed to be helping me how?
    sgammons
    sgammons
    VIP
    VIP

Post by sgammons Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Nope but it is a great idea.

later

sgammons

Post by www Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Those do work nice, I work outside and kep stuff in a coller with ice also..but nice to have something without getting ice,dumping it out ect...it gets old.

So dont even start on cheap labor..only one guy benefits..the owner..I have seen all the trades slowly slid into crappy cheap junk...Iam lucky to have gotten into a profession thats considered skilled and takes time to do right or I would be hurting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:41 am