vados
Visions
6 posters

Glucophage

*N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Glucophage Empty Glucophage

Post by *N.V.S* Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:47 am

Known Name Brands: Glucophage, Mellitron, Metformin. Glucophage - 850 mg. tablets - 40 per box. Glucophage is a brand name for metformin which is an oral hypoglycemic drug. Glucophage was made to be used to control adult onset diabetes. This drug is will increase the body's ability to transport glucose into the muscle cells much better by increasing insulin sensitivity. This substance will also inhibit the body's formation of sugar by the liver whereby lowering insulin secretion in the body. This substance is very similar to phenformin that is also an oral hypoglycemic except that phenformin is considered the harsher of the two compounds. Phenformin is considered to be from 5 - 10 times stronger than Glucophage at what it does for the body on a mg. per mg. comparison. Glucophage has signifigantly less side effects than phenformin has as well. The chance for an overdose causing hypoglycemia with the use of Glucophage is dose related whereas you almost have to take a lethal dose. It is common knowledge that Glucophage will increase insulin sensitivity as well. As far as bodybuilders are concerned, this product is used as an oral form of insulin. It will cause greater glycogen supercompensation during carb-ups as well as lowering blood glucose for those that are using the BodyOpus or Atkins diet to induce ketosis more easily. Common side effects of Glucophage are a metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, and vomiting. This will become on the next big drugs used by professional bodybuilders in the coming years for its ability as a repartitioning agent and blood glucose disposal agent. Effective Dose: 1,700 mg. per day in divided doses.You have to take this with meals and with water to avoid stomach upset.

These tablets degrade in sunlight and need to be kept cool. This presents an issue with black market sources seeing as dealers carry these things around in their training bags for weeks on end. The same applies with glucophages sister product Insulin.

The drug belongs to a group of drugs called the biguanides. A group of antihyperglyceimic drugs. Others include Buformin and Phenformin. These drugs increase the transport of blood sugar across the cell membrane into muscle cells. The action works by positvely effecting cellular insulin sensitivity.

Metforming is a little gentler on action than the other compound which hit so hard they can bring on lactic acidosis which would be counter productive.

This product that enhances the effect of insulin and by now we all agree insulin is the single most anabolic agent available.

This product is slowly absorbed over a six hour period with the half life being as long as 15 hours.

Metformin has got to be safer than oral insulin and combined with effective insulin therapy and the right diet the results have been excellent. Each tablet is 850 mgs. The best results came with a slow build up to three tablets a day taken morning, noon and night using a three day on one day regime. This was combined with indictable insulin. The top athletes took on 1 IU per 10 1KG of bodyweight three times a day. They were careful to use the humilin act rapid S and take 10 grams of carbs and five grams of whey protein 90 minutes after administration.

For example 100 1KG man would take three metformin a day. 10 IU of insulin first thing in the morning, 1090 grams Maltodextrin and 50 grams of whey 90 minutes later. This he would repeat early afternoon and early evening.

The most successful subject also took 50 MCG of T3 on the days they took the metformin and 4 IU GH as two separate 2 I U shots taken mid morning and thirty minutes after training.

Another product that enhances the overall effect is Creatine Monohydrate especially if combined with the amino acids Arginine, Glycine and Methionine

The worst side effects have been minor. A bad taste in the mouth and some stomach acid. This can be avoided by always taking the metforming with half a liter of water.

Potentially the possibility of lactic acidosis must not be ruled out and you must be aware of the symptoms. The most obvious symptom is death which would hardly be missed by even the most focused and intensive bodybuilder. Before this irreversible loss of bodymass you will have severe cramps and stomach pains with uncontrollable sweating. A simple blood PH test at the doctors would clear up any nagging doubts.

It is important to say that this is experimental material and in no way can I recommend the use of this product. The older you get the higher the risk that is not to say that every twenty year old can go crazy.

Diuretics make the effects hit harder and this is a big risk area. Somehow risks always seem to come back to diuretics. The same risk enhancement applies to the female pill and even nicotinic acid.

The essential point of any insulin altered therapy is that the strict dietary needs are met. Eating the right foods at the right time should become like a religion. Imagine your life depends on it.

The discovery of how to use insulin correctly has without a doubt revolutionized bodybuilding. It has produced competitors twenty pounds heavier.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Glucophage Empty Re: Glucophage

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:34 am

Wow great read and brings up some interesting ideas.
    vados

Post by vados Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 am

Metformin isnt an insulin replacement. Trying to take it instead of insulin is totally pointless - its most pronounced effect is inhibition of carbohydrate absorption.
    Its more of a diet drug - you are effectively limiting carb intake and at the same time make muscle cells more responsive to insulin - effectively preventing catabolism and potentiating fat loss.
    Visions
    Visions
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Visions Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 am

vados wrote:Metformin isnt an insulin replacement. Trying to take it instead of insulin is totally pointless - its most pronounced effect is inhibition of carbohydrate absorption.
    Its more of a diet drug - you are effectively limiting carb intake and at the same time make muscle cells more responsive to insulin - effectively preventing catabolism and potentiating fat loss.

I agree... but I have taken it before for several months without noticing any speed up of fat loss... What I noticed was I had less low blood sugar issues while on cycle... so it was lessoning my insulin response to carbs... Example: In the morning if I couldn't eat a proper meal and I would eat a pastry... I would end up having low blood sugar before my next meal... while on Metformin it would be rare that I would get low blood sugar...

I didn't notice fat loss which sucked... and most type 2 diabetics don't loose weight either
    *N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Post by *N.V.S* Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:43 am

Visions wrote:I agree... but I have taken it before for several months without noticing any speed up of fat loss... What I noticed was I had less low blood sugar issues while on cycle... so it was lessoning my insulin response to carbs... Example: In the morning if I couldn't eat a proper meal and I would eat a pastry... I would end up having low blood sugar before my next meal... while on Metformin it would be rare that I would get low blood sugar...

I didn't notice fat loss which sucked... and most type 2 diabetics don't loose weight either

So what's the benefit really of running it really without insulin?
    vados

Post by vados Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 am

Visions wrote:I agree... but I have taken it before for several months without noticing any speed up of fat loss... What I noticed was I had less low blood sugar issues while on cycle... so it was lessoning my insulin response to carbs... Example: In the morning if I couldn't eat a proper meal and I would eat a pastry... I would end up having low blood sugar before my next meal... while on Metformin it would be rare that I would get low blood sugar...

Well you wouldnt see any (at least no significant fat loss), if your diet and training remained unchanged. Its more of an assistance drug, get on a cutting regimen and metformin will help speed that process up somewhat.

Also the blood sugar issues make sense, since carb absorption is inhibited but NOT eliminated, even fast acting carbs are absorbed much much slower, which would explain your steady blood sugar levels.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 am

If the benefit is negigible at best I guess its not really worth it than.

I was looking for a substitute for slin, thinking this may be worth looking into more detail but it would seem that its not worth it.
    muscle_4you

Post by muscle_4you Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:43 am

*N.V.S* wrote:Known Name Brands: Glucophage, Mellitron, Metformin. Glucophage - 850 mg. tablets - 40 per box. Glucophage is a brand name for metformin which is an oral hypoglycemic drug. Glucophage was made to be used to control adult onset diabetes. This drug is will increase the body's ability to transport glucose into the muscle cells much better by increasing insulin sensitivity. This substance will also inhibit the body's formation of sugar by the liver whereby lowering insulin secretion in the body. This substance is very similar to phenformin that is also an oral hypoglycemic except that phenformin is considered the harsher of the two compounds. Phenformin is considered to be from 5 - 10 times stronger than Glucophage at what it does for the body on a mg. per mg. comparison. Glucophage has signifigantly less side effects than phenformin has as well. The chance for an overdose causing hypoglycemia with the use of Glucophage is dose related whereas you almost have to take a lethal dose. It is common knowledge that Glucophage will increase insulin sensitivity as well. As far as bodybuilders are concerned, this product is used as an oral form of insulin. It will cause greater glycogen supercompensation during carb-ups as well as lowering blood glucose for those that are using the BodyOpus or Atkins diet to induce ketosis more easily. Common side effects of Glucophage are a metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, and vomiting. This will become on the next big drugs used by professional bodybuilders in the coming years for its ability as a repartitioning agent and blood glucose disposal agent. Effective Dose: 1,700 mg. per day in divided doses.You have to take this with meals and with water to avoid stomach upset.

These tablets degrade in sunlight and need to be kept cool. This presents an issue with black market sources seeing as dealers carry these things around in their training bags for weeks on end. The same applies with glucophages sister product Insulin.

The drug belongs to a group of drugs called the biguanides. A group of antihyperglyceimic drugs. Others include Buformin and Phenformin. These drugs increase the transport of blood sugar across the cell membrane into muscle cells. The action works by positvely effecting cellular insulin sensitivity.

Metforming is a little gentler on action than the other compound which hit so hard they can bring on lactic acidosis which would be counter productive.

This product that enhances the effect of insulin and by now we all agree insulin is the single most anabolic agent available.

This product is slowly absorbed over a six hour period with the half life being as long as 15 hours.

Metformin has got to be safer than oral insulin and combined with effective insulin therapy and the right diet the results have been excellent. Each tablet is 850 mgs. The best results came with a slow build up to three tablets a day taken morning, noon and night using a three day on one day regime. This was combined with indictable insulin. The top athletes took on 1 IU per 10 1KG of bodyweight three times a day. They were careful to use the humilin act rapid S and take 10 grams of carbs and five grams of whey protein 90 minutes after administration.

For example 100 1KG man would take three metformin a day. 10 IU of insulin first thing in the morning, 1090 grams Maltodextrin and 50 grams of whey 90 minutes later. This he would repeat early afternoon and early evening.

The most successful subject also took 50 MCG of T3 on the days they took the metformin and 4 IU GH as two separate 2 I U shots taken mid morning and thirty minutes after training.

Another product that enhances the overall effect is Creatine Monohydrate especially if combined with the amino acids Arginine, Glycine and Methionine

The worst side effects have been minor. A bad taste in the mouth and some stomach acid. This can be avoided by always taking the metforming with half a liter of water.

Potentially the possibility of lactic acidosis must not be ruled out and you must be aware of the symptoms. The most obvious symptom is death which would hardly be missed by even the most focused and intensive bodybuilder. Before this irreversible loss of bodymass you will have severe cramps and stomach pains with uncontrollable sweating. A simple blood PH test at the doctors would clear up any nagging doubts.

It is important to say that this is experimental material and in no way can I recommend the use of this product. The older you get the higher the risk that is not to say that every twenty year old can go crazy.

Diuretics make the effects hit harder and this is a big risk area. Somehow risks always seem to come back to diuretics. The same risk enhancement applies to the female pill and even nicotinic acid.

The essential point of any insulin altered therapy is that the strict dietary needs are met. Eating the right foods at the right time should become like a religion. Imagine your life depends on it.

The discovery of how to use insulin correctly has without a doubt revolutionized bodybuilding. It has produced competitors twenty pounds heavier.

DAMN GOOD READ BRO!!
    IVE BEEN USING FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT WHAT IS THE RIGHT TIME TO TAKE IT?
    BEFORE MEALS OR AFTER MEALS?
    *N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Post by *N.V.S* Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 am

muscle_4you wrote:DAMN GOOD READ BRO!!
    IVE BEEN USING FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT WHAT IS THE RIGHT TIME TO TAKE IT?

Broette here :-)
    I've researched glucophage quite a bit. I never take advice on how to use something before i find concrete medical references that support effective usage.
    So based on research and the absorption rate of glucophage, at steady state, the extent of metformin absorption from GLUCOPHAGE XR at a 2000 mg once-daily dose is similar to the same total daily dose administered as GLUCOPHAGE tablets 1000 mg twice daily. So after repeated administration of GLUCOPHAGE XR, metformin did not accumulate in plasma. So if it is an extended release (XR) once daily is all you will need, and if not then you need to split your doses, a.m and p.m since the half life is about 8 hours for regular glucophage.

Hope that helps.

nvs
    Ferni

Post by Ferni Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am

Hi NVS,

So advice not to use GLUCOPHAGE for weight loss. Then why do not you suggest some weight loss supplements?

*N.V.S* wrote:
    muscle_4you wrote:DAMN GOOD READ BRO!!
    IVE BEEN USING FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT WHAT IS THE RIGHT  TIME TO TAKE IT?

Broette here :-)
    I've researched glucophage quite a bit. I never take advice on how to use something before i find concrete medical references that support effective usage.
    So based on research and the absorption rate of glucophage, at steady state, the extent of metformin absorption from GLUCOPHAGE XR at a 2000 mg once-daily dose is similar to the same total daily dose administered as GLUCOPHAGE tablets 1000 mg twice daily. So after repeated administration of GLUCOPHAGE XR, metformin did not accumulate in plasma. So if it is an extended release (XR) once daily is all you will need, and if not then you need to split your doses, a.m and p.m since the half life is about 8 hours for regular glucophage.

Hope that helps.

nvs
    Ferni

Post by Ferni Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:56 am

NVS I just want a quick reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:55 am