Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+2
Eating Machine
ramborippt
6 posters

High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span

ramborippt
    ramborippt

High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span Empty High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span

Post by ramborippt Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am

Vitamin E hasn't proven to be good for the heart, and now a study suggests that too much vitamin E -- daily doses of 400 IU or more -- actually increases the risk of dying, according to new findings. WebMD Medical News

just something to think about, i take 800 IU a day in pills. i dont know if this statement is true or not.
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span Empty Re: High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span

Post by Eating Machine Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 am

It is hard to say if that is the case for everyone, or just their subjects. I'm sure that there is an optimal balance of all nutrients, and if we don't have them it could shorten our lifespan.

I've been told that one sign of too much viamin e is excessive bruising, but, I don't know if that is true or not.
    Cannons
    Cannons

High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span Empty Re: High-Dose Vitamin E May Shorten Life Span

Post by Cannons Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 am

Hmmm, I take 1000iu ed. You've gotten my interested now. Time to do some research!!
    ramborippt
    ramborippt

Post by ramborippt Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 am

let me know cannons if you find anything !
    Cannons
    Cannons

Post by Cannons Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 pm

ramborippt wrote:let me know cannons if you find anything !

Yep, will do bro!
    MACE
    MACE

Post by MACE Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 pm

USA today printed an article on the same thing today. The article didn't go too much into detail, but I only get 100IU ed in my multi V
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

Post by Eating Machine Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Here is what my research has produced...

True to form, Annals of Internal Medicine prematurely published a flawed study
    on vitamin E and it has been widely picked up by the media and continues to be
    inaccurately reported. The authors of the study review data and (inaccurately)
    conclude that vitamin E creates a health risk.
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/health/2895123

As you will see from the letters that have been written in response to this flawed
    interpretation of the data, essentially all of the studies that were reviewed used
    fake, cheap, synthetic, unnatural vitamin E - not the mixed tocopherol vitamin E
    that is rich in gamma tocopherol as we use in the office.
    http://www.annals.org/cgi/eletters/0...501040-00110v1

Like I have said all along, you need to make sure that you are taking a separate
    vitamin E supplement that is RICH IN GAMMA TOCOPHEROL to maximize benefits
    of taking vitamin E.

More information about GAMMA tocopherol: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/74/6/714.pdf
    More information about vitamin E from our office: http://www.dralexvasquez.com/vitaminE.htm

Alex Vasquez DC ND
    www.DrAlexVasquez.com
    burysurfer14

Post by burysurfer14 Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Vitamin E is fat soluble so if the body is taking up non natural sources, it comes as no surprise that the body may not like it. It is though a powerful anti-oxidant so taking 400iu's of the good stuff over and above
    the RDA is ok I reckon.
    The king-daddy of nutrients, Vitamin C is the only vitamin that can be taken is large dosages(non-toxic upto 350,000mg's a day) and is proved to protect the body from a whole range of diseases; Cancer, reversal of Heart disease, a powerful internal anti-septic and a killer colds and flu within a day or so. I take 8-10000mg's a day and my health has never been better.

Read about the benefits of mega-ascorbate at

www.vitamincfoundation.org

If your're not shocked by the website, you haven't understood it.

Its a non-profit organisation.
    aporged
    aporged

Post by aporged Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:44 pm

hay bro i heard the same shit on the news. Ive been takeing about 1000iu a day 4 about 6 months i about shit myself after i heard that.needless to say im down 400iu now,do u think is true?
    ramborippt
    ramborippt

Post by ramborippt Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:30 pm

i doubt its true

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am