Steroids Forum

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

Bench press on smith machine?

aces11

Bench press on smith machine?

Post by aces11 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 am

Hey just wondering if there is a problem with using the smith machine for bench. I haven't been able to work out with anyone lately, so instead of killing myself without a spotter, I jumped on the smith machine. Any negatives to it? Comparable to regular bench as far as weight?
undecideddecision

Re: Bench press on smith machine?

Post by undecideddecision on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:49 am

Not that I know of but you don't use youre stabilizer muscle as much. I personally like the smith machine for incline. I find that I get a really good pump from it
Nitrateman
VIP
VIP

Post by Nitrateman on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 am

Range of motion is more restricted...but like you say, you don't have a spotter, so it's the safest thing for now.
69ECLIPSE

Post by 69ECLIPSE on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:25 am

remember the smith machine weight is 30 lbs less also.use free weights on mass building exersizes.ask someone to spot you don't bashful.i'm not saying don't use the smith machine i do use it for certain things but if you want to increase your gains free weights are the best.

VIP
VIP

Post by tight booty on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:23 pm

Nothing beats free weights for building mass......I personally don't like the smith machine. I don't like how there is a limited range of motion and I also don't feel like I get the same workout for my chest. I think the last time I used the smith machine was when I just starting working out which was when I was 17 years of age......Mmmmm
w000dy
VIP
VIP

Post by w000dy on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm

That's all I used to use for my chest workout because I didn't have a workout partner. I stopped that and went to using Dumbells and I must say I love using DB's for my chester better than a Barbell. If I dont have a spot when I use them I just go a little lighter but still have enough weight to struggle with them. If you can't get them you can always come down with them and put them on the floor whereas if you are using a barbell you have to dump the weight off each side. DB's give me alot better stretch. Since I have been using them my chest development has come along alot better.

Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, and yet everything happens only a certain number of times ... How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood ... that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps 4 or 5 times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps 20. And yet it all seems limitless.
-Brandon Lee-
dump truck

Post by dump truck on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 pm

There is nothing wrong with using the smith machine for bench. Remember variety is the key.
thehulk3791

Post by thehulk3791 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:52 pm

I dont like the smith for bench because I dont have enough freedom of motion...but you can still get an effective workout with it.

and if u have no spotter I guess I would still recommend but even when I didnt have one for a year I did bench.

I agree about your stabalizers although you could just bring those up with dumbell's

well good luck
THEHULK
D.K.

Post by D.K. on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Try dumbells....
Rulez
VIP
VIP

Post by Rulez on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:59 am

Exactly...use dumbells. I dont work out with anyone and i dont need a spotter when benching using dumbells. Only when i make the jump to the next heviest weight do i ask someone to watch me, which you can politly ask anyone around you to do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:44 am