Steroids Forum

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

Sap-5

crytklmass

Sap-5

Post by crytklmass on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:21 pm

I am required by my employer to take a sap-5 urine drug screen. Does anyone know what this checks for? ie, will it detect steroids?, opiates (vicadin) taking for a fracture, etc. just curious what it detects and how accurate it is. thanks for the help.
vindiesel

Re: Sap-5

Post by vindiesel on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 pm

The SAP 5-50 urine test is a substance abuse panel, 5 panels (drugs) check. This type of test is a competitive binding assay, which utilizes enzymes for the conversion of NAD+ to NADH. The conversion process is measured on a spectrometer to give semi-quantitative measurement of a specific drug metabolite.
The actual specimen collection tests or screen of the five major drug groups for which all urine specimen will be screened. The SAP 5 includes amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine and opiates.
crytklmass

Post by crytklmass on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:50 pm

thanks for the reply, I'll make sure I notify them of my prescription then, I dont want it to show up and have them think im hiding something.
vindiesel

Post by vindiesel on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:38 pm

crytklmass wrote:thanks for the reply, I'll make sure I notify them of my prescription then, I dont want it to show up and have them think im hiding something.

Good on you. I'm sure you're gonna pass the test without a problem.
Keep us posted.

I have to have bloodwork done on monday morning.... I'm not juicing at the moment but I'm nervous anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 am