Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+5
gustavo77
lexus33
Beezie
vindiesel
dirtywally
9 posters

How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle?

dirtywally
    dirtywally

Cycle - How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle? Empty How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle?

Post by dirtywally Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:58 am

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how lean a man should ideally be before starting his first cycle. Under 15% bf? Under 10%? I would think that possibly too much body fat would lead to worse sides by converting test to estrogen, but I just don't really know.
    vindiesel
    vindiesel

Cycle - How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle? Empty Re: How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle?

Post by vindiesel Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:59 am

I don't think that there is an ideal weight but you should try and keep your diet clean at all times and increase the amount of proteins as soon as you start running AAS.

Also you need to have been training for at least 2 years regularly before turning to a chemical aid of some sort IMO.
    Beezie
    Beezie

Cycle - How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle? Empty Re: How lean should one be prior to starting a cycle?

Post by Beezie Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:51 am

I just started my first cycle at 16% BF, a little high IMO. Next cycle I plan to be sub 12% before i start. One of the good things about having my body fat a little higher on this cycle is that I have been able to hide alot of my gains from my work colleuges, no one has said a word about my sudden weight gain, (8 kilos in 8 weeks).

Later
    lexus33
    lexus33

Post by lexus33 Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:51 am

I would say DEF sub 15%. low teans and under 10% is the best. If you are already lean and carrying more muscle mass then the cycle will be much much more effective!! It is better to lose the appropriate fat first then try and gain muscle. That should go for anyone.

Lex
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gustavo77 Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 am

I agree that one should have a reaonably low percentage of bodyfat prior to do a cycle...12% or lower. I feel this way cause I started my first cycle 5 weeks ago at a bodyfat percentage of approx 17%. Now I think that I have remained stable or even lost a little fat since then but I definately will be lowering my bodyfat to at least 10-12 % before I do my next cycle in Nov-Dec. I have made some good gains but i think they would have been more pronouced and probably better overall if i had lowered my bodyfat prior to running this cycle. I have to say that many experienced people on this site recommended that I lower my bodyfat prior to the cycle but I was so anxious to get started that I did not follow their direction. Just gonna learn from this and make the best of my first cycle.
    dirtywally
    dirtywally

Post by dirtywally Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 am

Thanks all. I was thinking 10%bf would be a good number to shoot for. First things first, I'm going to see what I look like at 10% (I haven't been that lean in 10 years) and then bulk clean for about 6 months to see if I can add much more lean mass naturally.

Based on where I started (5'9" @ 135lb 10 years ago) and where I am now (5'10" @ 207 as of this morning), I imagine 10%bf would put me somewhere in the neighborhood of 185lb. assuming minimal muscle loss. I have essentially been on a 10 year dirty bulk LOL.
    D.K.
    D.K.

Post by D.K. Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 am

10 to 13% is fine, remember steroids tend to make people larger versions of what they already are, so if your over weight expect to be more over weight when done, just more muscle mass. My 1st cycle I was a bit high and took advice from some dumbs ass's and ended up gaining about 32lbs I was not happy with my new found weight at all, much of it was in my stomach and face.
    freshstart
    freshstart

Post by freshstart Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:53 am

D.K. wrote: much of it was in my stomach and face.

Moon Face.......lol        
    Rulez
    Rulez
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Rulez Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:31 am

Eaven though i am already lean i am working to get mine down before i start my cycle next week. I figuere i am around 10% b/f now which was my goal. I am still eating like a horse but plan on eating more once i start.

My boy started his Deca and Test cycle when he had a little higher b/f % and exactly what D.K. said would happen did. He is basically a bigger version of what he was. Now he needs to cut down in order to show the muscle he gained.
    Nitrateman
    Nitrateman
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nitrateman Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 am

There is really no right or wrong bf% for when you start your cycle. Results of course will vary but it is more important that you set your goals and stick to your routine come hell or high water. I started my last cycle at 17%. Wanted it to be lower, but it wasn't...I was ready though...more ready than I had ever been in my life. When I started gaining all kinds of weight, I knew that I had to tinker with the cycle ...when it was all over I came in at the exact weight I started at, but with bf% of 14-15%...remember muscle weighs more than fat, so to come in at the same weight and with a lowered bf% is an accomplishment.

Started this cycle at 14-14 1/2%, and this one is more of a cutter...plan on dropping the bf% to around 12% this time around.

Also, remember that power lifters often have no desire to lose bf...like I said it depends on your goals and I guess on your sense of aesthetics.

Nitrateman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am