Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+3
Beezie
gustavo77
eahuntley
7 posters

Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train??

eahuntley
    eahuntley

Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train?? Empty Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train??

Post by eahuntley Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am

I'm sorry if this message belonged somewhere else, I couldn't find a suitable section so i just went with general...

How soon after eating should a person train? I've been told three hours and thats what I've been doing. Any other opinions?
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train?? Empty Re: Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train??

Post by gustavo77 Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:29 am

Depending on what it is that you ate, i would say 60-120 mins. I usually have oatmeal and whey protein about an hour before i train. Training on an empty stomach blows. No food in belly = no pump, no energy.
    Beezie
    Beezie

Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train?? Empty Re: Eating / Training- How soon after eating should you train??

Post by Beezie Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:18 am

I have a strong coffee + protein shake with water just before I head out the door to the gym. I used to use milk but felt like I was going to puke during my workout. I find the coffee makes me more agressive during my workouts however it also makes me thirsty as hell.

If I was to eat solid foods I would wait about 1.5 - 2hr before hitting the gym, training any sooner then this and you may feel a little uncomfortable and feel like you are going to puke during a workout.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:00 am

1 hr to 2 hrs is enough time for your stomach to empty out ---so your blood can leave there and be used in the muscle
    ptest
    ptest

Post by ptest Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:35 am

I would agree at least one hour before training, otherwise your going to have that food in your lap while your training.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am

It depends on whether you had a soild or a liquid as your Pre WO meal. Shakes get broken down much quicker than a solid, i would say in 45 min. But a solid, I would give it 90 min to make sure its properly digested.
    pin kushion
    pin kushion

Post by pin kushion Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:05 am

for sure at least wait 1hr before workout.you dont want to get a hernia

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm