tattooi2k
suprmn24
I_Want_Abs
10 posters

Doctor Wants Bloodwork Done

I_Want_Abs

Doctor Wants Bloodwork Done Empty Doctor Wants Bloodwork Done

Post by I_Want_Abs Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:19 am

hey guys i got a quick question. i went to see my doctor today to get some prescription repeats for my asthma medication, while i was there i had my bloodpresure checked as my heart feels like it's been beating a bit harder lately, anyway bloodpresure isnt where it's ment to be but it's nothing to worry about.
    my doctor now wants me to get bloodwork done to check my cholesterol, glucose and a few other general things just to see how everything is inside as i havent had a check up in a while and my father and grandfather have a history of heart problems.
    now i want to get all this done as i want to make sure i am in good health but this is my family doctor and i would rather he not know that im juicing, im around half way through my 15 week test e cycle (around 500mgEW) so my question is will my cycle effect any levels in my bloodwork that will raise his suspicions on anything that im doing?

thanks in advance.

~bex~
    suprmn24
    suprmn24

Doctor Wants Bloodwork Done Empty Re: Doctor Wants Bloodwork Done

Post by suprmn24 Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 am

bex304 wrote:hey guys i got a quick question. i went to see my doctor today to get some prescription repeats for my asthma medication, while i was there i had my bloodpresure checked as my heart feels like it's been beating a bit harder lately, anyway bloodpresure isnt where it's ment to be but it's nothing to worry about.
    my doctor now wants me to get bloodwork done to check my cholesterol, glucose and a few other general things just to see how everything is inside as i haventhad a check up in a while and my father and grandfather have a history of heart problems.
    now i want to get all this done as i want to make sure i am in good health but this is my family doctor and i would rather he not know that im juicing, im around half way through my 15 week test e cycle (around 500mgEW) so my question is will my cycle effect any levels in my bloodwork that will raise his suspicions on anything that im doing?

thanks in advance.

~bex~

your cholesterol will be out of wack most likely..how bad depends on your diet and genetic disposition...liver enzymes could be elevated but other than that you should be ok...if you r doin orals then liver enzymes will be even higher...
    tattooi2k
    tattooi2k

Post by tattooi2k Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 am

im real up front with my doc they might not like what your doing but at least they know so they know whats up i have one thurs need to get back on my hi blood preasher pills taking sus-250 right know and about noon my face is bright red im like 170 over 110 little high but be up on the doc my 2 pennys
    Nitrateman
    Nitrateman
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nitrateman Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 am

Whatever transpires between you and your doctor is private. Though he is your family doctor, he will not share the info. IMHO if you have blood work done, you need to share your info with the doctor, or change doctors and find one you feel more comfortable with.

Also, would suggest you postpone your bloodwork until after your pct.

Nitrateman
    user643598

Post by user643598 Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:17 am

I'm sort of in the same situation. I want to be honest with my doc but my problem is this....my insurance contains a rider that says they will not cover a problem caused by substance abuse. If I tell my doc about the AAS and at some point in the future I get sick I would expect the insurance compay to find a way to blame the problem on AAS so they could get out of paying.
    tom_s70
    tom_s70

Post by tom_s70 Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:05 am

User,

When I had a heart attack like a fool I told the ER doc and my new heart doc. I thought for sure my insurance company would hose me on the claim. For some reason I never heard anything about it and it was in my chart. My discharge papers even said, NO STERIODS.. I have since switched insurances companys a couple of times and nothing has ever come up. So maybe I am lucky or maybe they just never found out. But the ER doc did blame it on the juice.. The dumb ass.
    highgear

Post by highgear Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:49 am

Bex, I'd be up front with your Doc, at least he/she knows what they're dealing with if a medical problem arises, they are there to help you, not to judge. You'll find that the Doc will probably be fine with it.
    uuzoo
    uuzoo

Post by uuzoo Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:32 am

Bex, I would tell your doc. that you are juicing. The guys are right. By law your doc. can't share any info. He's there to help. Yes, he might give you 'the speech" for 10 mins. and you can roll your eyes as he talks, but in the end he's there to help.
    I'm fortuanate that my doc. is totally cool.He doesn't condone me taking steroids, but he does care. We are always joking around with each other.
    If your doc. doesn't really understand how you feel, you could always switch docs. I know it might be hard to leave a doc. you have had for yrs., but I would go for one who's into sports medicine (not that he will condone you taking steroids). They are more knowledgeable on steroids then your standard GP. Good luck.
    doctorwill
    doctorwill

Post by doctorwill Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:32 am

I get my blood drawn monthly and my doc just thinks I take vitamins. I take things for my BP and my Lipids, but they are more or less under control. Get liver panel done as well and that looks just a tad high, but still OK.

If your insurance company knows, you may be hosed. And if it is in your chart, all the folks who work there will know if they read it and they will end up talking about it. (Sure it is illegal for them to do this, but what will you be able to prove?)

I know enough this so I can interpret my tests myself and know whether or not to worry or change up the mix. If you spend enough time on the board, you do also.
    menzies2901
    menzies2901

Post by menzies2901 Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Nitrateman wrote:Whatever transpires between you and your doctor is private.Though he is your family doctor, he will not share the info.IMHO if you have blood work done, you need to share your info with the doctor, or change doctors and find one you feel more comfortable with.

Also, would suggest you postpone your bloodwork until after your pct.

Nitrateman

Agree totally....the information you share with your doctor is Doctor patient confidence. he might try to talk you out of doing AAS, b ut you need a Dr to interpurt your blood work...You need him on your side.
    Be frank with him and tell him that you want to continue using AAS but require him to monitor your health.

If he doesn't want to do that change doctors, but seeing that he is a family doctor he will do what is best for your health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:05 am