Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

2 posters

Anti-cortisols

John_Bobbit's_Unit
    John_Bobbit's_Unit

Anti-cortisols Empty Anti-cortisols

Post by John_Bobbit's_Unit Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:53 am

I've been reading the book "Building the Perfect Beast", and his theory is that the body tries to counteract the anabolic effects of steroids by increasing cortisol production. I've never heard of any bodybuilders taking anti-cortisols, but I did find an article about treatment of Cushing's syndrome (too much natural cortisol production). The article list the following drugs as anticortisols: mitotane, ketoconazole, metyrapone, trilostane, and aminoglutethimide. Any idea if these would provide a boost during a cycle or help with PCT?

I found one article on metyrapone that suggests it might also work as an antidepressive (I wonder how they figure out if the lab rats are depressed?)

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/metyrapone.htm
    coop1st

Anti-cortisols Empty Re: Anti-cortisols

Post by coop1st Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:41 am

That'd be interesting to find out about. Everbody wants to suppress cortisol cos it seems to be the enemy. Caseine protein does a good job naturally, or more regular meals. Also, BCAA and glutamine before and possibly during a workout. But, I would be cautious about using cortisol suppresents, as there was a recent study that showed that cortisol actually does a great job fighting cancer cells. So, there is a possibility taking those drugs could increase risk of cancer substantially. Just a thought...
    John_Bobbit's_Unit
    John_Bobbit's_Unit

Post by John_Bobbit's_Unit Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 am

It turns out Author Rea does discuss anticortisols (metyrapone) later in the book. He mentions that a friend of his bled to death after a car accident. The doctors could not stop the bleeding because he had been using very high doses of anticortisols. I think I'll put that idea on the back burner for now!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am