BrotherIron
SisterSteel
9 posters

My GABA Experience

SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

My GABA Experience Empty My GABA Experience

Post by SisterSteel Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:33 am

So i buy this bottle of powder GABA to drink before bedtime. I consume a heaped tspn with water and felt flushed and tingly and hot almost immediately. It was like i was sedated and have never had anything affect me like that before. I couldn't move. Couldn't open my eyes. Was sleepy and drowzy and nauseous...and regurgitated (nice way to say i threw up all over the place).

Today i feel woozy. Its like i had taken some prescription sedative. Has anyone ever had such an experience????????
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

My GABA Experience Empty Re: My GABA Experience

Post by BrotherIron Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:27 am

Yeah I had something similar to that but much less in intensity. Got light headed, stomach was very upset, and felt like sh^t. Def not worth it imho.
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:11 pm

BrotherIron wrote:Yeah I had something similar to that but much less in intensity.Got light headed, stomach was very upset, and felt like sh^t.Def not worth it imho.

I slept sooo soundly though and have a relatively calm demeanor today...so it
    kindof served its purpose in a way. I was having alot of trouble sleeping and keeping my moods under control. I probably won't take it again though.
    I bet someone could OD on that stuff!!

lol
    PeeWeed
    PeeWeed

Post by PeeWeed Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:56 pm

ok u got me,,what the heck is gaba???????????
    chadwick

Post by chadwick Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 am

it effects me like that on cycle off cycle its great. on cycle when i think i can handle it i have to lay down in front of a fan for a hour not a good feeling but i sleep good.
    vagrant
    vagrant

Post by vagrant Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:42 am

How much did you take?

GABA is the amino acid that your body uses for a neurotransmitter. It deals with growth hormone release and helps sleep too. That banned OTC suppliment who's name shall not be mentioned because now it's a prescription for narcolepsy also helps with GABA...and GABA helps work with it.

3g preworkout is good (don't wait more than 30 minutes) 3g before bed is good (30 minutes before bed). yeah the stingly tingly sensations are normal when it hits your CNS. (GABA, not the other stuff)

I actually have used it as part of my MS therapy too.

GABA is good for some, does absolutely nothing for others. Some it makes "hyperaware". That sucks, they lay in bed and concentrate intensly on every detail of a magazine article they read last year.

If it works for ya, get the right dose and enjoy.
    vagrant
    vagrant

Post by vagrant Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 am

Forgot to mention. I get mine from AST, I don't know if that's allowed and if a mod wishes to delete the mention of a suppliment company I understand.

They have it pretty cheap and it's GOOD STUFF.
    Visions
    Visions
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Visions Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:13 am

I worry that it may be addictive if taken long enough... the unnamed drug that Vagrant was speaking of becomes highly addictive when taken in small doese throughout the day... not sure if its addictive if only used once a day... you may want to do a search on the web for addiction to it just to be safe...

Update:
    After searching for an hour or so I can't find any reference that taking it long term could be addictive... I did find lots of reference that it could be very benificial to anyone that is addicted to alcohol or cocain as it blockes the pleasure sensor dopamine that's responsible for the cravings... It may be that addiction happens because gaba is too low allowing dopamine to be too high allowing the pleasure sensor to reinforce memories and craving for the drugs... Rats given gaba before the use of cocain don't become addicted or get the high from it... Rats given gaba after being addiced stopped their addiction at least while they were on the gaba, but the hard part is that dopamine sets pleasureable memories along with cravings by just looking at the drugs they were addicted to or familuar places where the drugs were found and once these memories are set they may be very difficult to change but while the rats were on the gaba they were fine...
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:58 am

How much did you take of it
    El Mucho
    El Mucho

Post by El Mucho Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

I use 3-5 grams of GABA mixed with 10 grams of Glutamine and some BCAA powder before bed. I use it as a sort of homemade HGH booster. GABA always makes me tingly and a little short of breath, but that goes away after about 15 minutes. Then it helps me sleep like a baby. It doesn't do anything immediately as far as results go, but after you take it for a while you realize that it is much easier to stay lean.
    Visions
    Visions
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Visions Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:29 pm

El Mucho wrote:I use 3-5 grams of GABA mixed with 10 grams of Glutamine and some BCAA powder before bed. I use it as a sort of homemade HGH booster. GABA always makes me tingly and a little short of breath, but that goes away after about 15 minutes. Then it helps me sleep like a baby. It doesn't do anything immediately as far as results go, but after you take it for a while you realize that it is much easier to stay lean.

I just read that gaba's main function is to inhibit glutamine,,, I should have saved that but you may want to search for that... also I read that too much glutamine can be bad... at what dose I don't know... this is a big subject and will require alot of reading to get a clear understanding plus getting past the bs and getting to real info and to get to that you can't read the info from suppliment companies but go to the core of research...my 2 cents
    vagrant
    vagrant

Post by vagrant Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Visions, I think you know of the former suppliment, now drug I was talking about. The GABA receptors in the brain are receptive to it. These are the same receptors that the tricyclic antidepressants work on too. Same too as alcohol I think. (BTW, instead of the prescription for xyrem she went on nortryptilline, because of no insurance and the cost and it, with GABA are giving her up to 3 hours of sleep in most 24 hour periods now...if you remember the previous discussion)

There have been studies pro and con about GABA. In the drug reference we were looking at with her doc, it mentioned GABA as being a useful adjunct to pain control therapy, sleep therapy, anti-aging therapy, and anti-addiction therapy. Of course being in a drug reference book, it's considered an adjunct to other pharmacological interventions. Not as the primary thing to be used.

However, for a bodybuilder or powerlifter it seems to be somewhat effective at helping with sleep (on it's own) and possibly with GH because it IS the amino acid used by the body as a neurotransmitter. Anecdotally with no studies to back it up. I found that I have less neurogenic pain when I use it. My legs seem to be stronger. And my postworkout recovery seems to be better.

The tingling sucks though.

The other studies seem to show that it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. My question about that though is if it doesn't then how does it make other meds MORE effective?
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:48 pm

WOW
    I must say. I was really impressed with all these responses. I guess the one thing that caught my eye was the study on rats and cocaine addiciton. I work with struggling and recovering addicts and besides the therapy and step work, i design diet plans to help restore these individuals back to health. Not to stray from the subject at hand, but i was never aware of the benefits of GABA in suppressing cravings and such and it has never been a part of the supplement program i design. I usually suggest high doses of niacin especially during detox and plenty vitamin C and B complex vitamins to help with stress and in mantaining a healthy nervous system.

As for the dose i took, 5g a teaspoon and i had a heaped one. But i would very much like to know more on that study, Visions. Please can you PM me a link to the study!!!
    Thanks guys!

nvs
    vagrant
    vagrant

Post by vagrant Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Whoa, 5g the first dose? NVS, you are a pretty big girl (and since you look like you can kick my butt please know I mean that as a COMPLIMENT
    ) But that's a pretty hefty dose for the first time using it.
    gotta ease up to that. If you decide to use it for sleep help...start with three then over time work up to 6. Don't jump right into the high dosages.

I wonder now about addiction possibilities with it. When I use it, I'll use it until my bottle is gone. It has 99 three gram doses in the bottle. I use two of those a day, sometimes but rarely four of them a day. When it's gone, I don't have any cravings for it or any withdrawal symptoms from it. And may not get more for months at a time.

I did notice that when I use it I smoke less. When not on it I smoke more.

Yeah, I know flame me for smoking.
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:25 pm

vagrant wrote:Whoa, 5g the first dose?NVS, you are a pretty big girl (and since you look like you can kick my butt please know I mean that as a COMPLIMENT
    )But that's a pretty hefty dose for the first time using it.
    gotta ease up to that.If you decide to use it for sleep help...start with three then over time work up to 6.Don't jump right into the high dosages.

I wonder now about addiction possibilities with it.When I use it, I'll use it until my bottle is gone.It has 99 three gram doses in the bottle.I use two of those a day, sometimes but rarely four of them a day.When it's gone, I don't have any cravings for it or any withdrawal symptoms from it.And may not get more for months at a time.

I did notice that when I use it I smoke less.When not on it I smoke more.

Yeah, I know flame me for smoking.

This discussion has me so intruiged! So i guess i should ease up on my dose then. And there i was thinking for a minute i did not take enough...but then i had this ringing in my ears...and i felt light as a feather. LOL!
    The one thing i DID notice today other than the drowsy feeling, was my mood. I was in a happy sleepy daze. Not exactly how i need to be feeling in a prep phase. Good stuff though.

nvs
    vagrant
    vagrant

Post by vagrant Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 pm

A rounded teaspoon is what? Maybe a tablespoon? A tablespoon would be about 15g?

I'm surprised you didn't have horrible crushing chest pain with it. Harmless, but scary as hell. I get it from my copaxone, another amino acid mix that is a prescription drug for MS therapy which I have to inject daily.

When I first got that off the GABA, it scared me bad. I thought surely I'd messed up bigtime. Apparently when using aminos that directly affect the CNS, that's a very common side effect. And GABA's real name is gamma amniobuteryc acid (spelling?), also known as neurotransmitter.

I think it's safe and non addictive. But visions seems to be the man to root out and find the studies so I'd pay attention to him.

But from experience I know it doesn't take a whole lot. I'd say for a real bodybuilder, start at 3g and maybe work up to 6 if need be. Some people can actually get good rest on as little as 500mg a night.
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:37 am

Sorry but i'm gonna be using it at a lower dose so its allready spoken for.
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 am

da_Fonz wrote:Sorry but i'm gonna be using it at a lower dose so its allready spoken for.

HEY
    you stick to your 5-HTP.
    the GABA is MINE

lol

nvs
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:56 am

That 5-htp is golden. Luv the stuff. But I'm willing to add GABA to the mix to see if it helps.
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:29 am

da_Fonz wrote:That 5-htp is golden.Luv the stuff.But I'm willing to add GABA to the mix to see if it helps.

Yeah rayyyt. You felt terrible on the GABA. And 5-HTP works well for you!!!! Why run them both when you don't need to???? Bodybuilders i tell ya!lol

nvs
    BigNus
    BigNus

Post by BigNus Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:16 pm

The GABA i used gave me a very aciditic feeling in my stomach. I had to go and chew tums by the handful. But if I remember correctly it made me sleep alright. I used NDS version of GABA that had ZMA in it and valerian root. I thought that was a pretty good supplement combinition to take before bed. I wonder if any of those counteract with eachother.
    SisterSteel
    SisterSteel

Post by SisterSteel Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 pm

tylernus wrote:The GABA i used gave me a very aciditic feeling in my stomach.I had to go and chew tums by the handful.But if I remember correctly it made me sleep alright.I used NDS version of GABA that had ZMA in it and valerian root.I thought that was a pretty good supplement combinition to take before bed.I wonder if any of those counteract with eachother.

Yeah, Fonz had that same unsettled feeling in his stomach...

nvs
    PeeWeed
    PeeWeed

Post by PeeWeed Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:57 pm

ok i ask again,,somone pm me and tell me what the heck gaba is and what does it do???? besides make nvs sick lol.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am