bignready
*N.V.S*
15 posters

Eating at Work

*N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Eating at Work Empty Eating at Work

Post by *N.V.S* Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:28 am

We all have a very strict eating regimen and strict diet to follow. SO do you guys catch shit at work for having to eat too often? drink too much? or..in some cases, do they complain about the smell of your food after it comes out of the microwave? Too may supplements? etc

I used to have a boss who walked around with an air freshener every time she needed to come into my office.

Thank God for self employment!

nvs
    bignready
    bignready

Eating at Work Empty Re: Eating at Work

Post by bignready Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:03 am

i am a truck driver and i haul gas.i eat the same meals every day.when i get to gas station to drop,i microwave a meal and eat while im dropping.then on the way back to a gas terminal to load up,i leave one of my tupperwaremeals on the vent and turn up the heat.i eat that while im loading.other drivers look at me strange cause it stinks of thousands gallons of gas.and here i am eating during it all.lol.even customers will say something while im dropping...and eating.my boss said something to me the other day.i am always carrying some tupperware whenever im out of the truck.he said"damn you eat too much.if i ate like that i'd get fat" i told me i workout though so i need it.didnt want to tell him that he already is kinda fat.lol
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:53 am

I get complaints and concerns all the time when it comes to eating at my desk. People dont realize that "we" bodybuilders need to eat in order to meet our goals. I have had people tell me that my food smelled horrible, was taking up too much space, I was being messy, you name it I've had people try to get me in trouble. I found a great way to get around it though, I tell my boss I'm diabetic and i have to eat every 3 hours and they buy it. I guess it helps that I eat food which most people wouldn't want to so they feel i have to and not that i want to.
    Tikaelkcin
    Tikaelkcin

Post by Tikaelkcin Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:42 am

I'm in sales and in my car all day. I have an electric cooler and am able to eat whenever I want. The drawback o course is that I have to eat everything cold
    jrtlover
    jrtlover

Post by jrtlover Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:20 am

i miss working at a gym where we all ate every three hours on the button and carried food around all day. the office smelled like sweet potatoes and chicken all the time. and some of the guys ate buffalo meat on their bulks, gross. now THAT reeked.
    heritage07
    heritage07

Post by heritage07 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Personally, I have always been able to eat when I want. I just made it a priority and never really caught much negative comments about it. I sold diamonds for years and would just walk to the break room and spend the 10 min it would take to get down a meal. In my suit I would carry protien bars to munch on while out on the sales floor. I ran the door at a night club for a few yrs and would actually hold the line up to go in the owners office and eat, also kept protien shakes at the front door. The Russians who ran the club didn't mind cause they liked seeing a line out front. The last 7 yrs I've been working at Golds so it's been easy to eat when I want. I space out clients to make sure I have time. The only down side to eating this way for me is now when I go out to eat I'm done in like 15 minutes. You get so used to slamming meals it's hard to go back eat slow and enjoy them. At least for me.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:59 pm

I cook all meals and poeple just ask the same old questions why do you eat that and is it a good diet---And I think to myself it must be- Iam not fat like you--lol
    usmcwarrior

Post by usmcwarrior Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Try following a strick diet being in the Military. 7-11 months out of the year you are deployed over seas.. Not too many grocery stores or chances to eat what you want there. The other couple of months you are out in the field training to go overseas so MRE's are your food source . If anyone has any ideas on how to combat this problem feel free to toss them my way.

But back to the original thread question, when I worked as a sales associate for Cinuglar I was always away from my store fixing a meal in the lounge or trying to shaking up a protein shake, couple of people ask/said some things about it, I just explained to them that eating/being healthy was really important to me and got carried on into a nutrition/dieting conversation actually got them pretty interested. But some people don't care about how they look or how healthy they are but with the vast knowledge "we" have on nutrition dieting and training most people will get somewhat interested in what you have to say and why you are eating all the time!
    kim doug
    kim doug

Post by kim doug Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Not to be un-PC, but I don't have to worry with a few asians around. I think they warm up fish heads in the micro. I'm not even on the radar.
    4thAD
    4thAD

Post by 4thAD Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

usmcwarrior wrote:Try following a strick diet being in the Military. 7-11 months out of the year you are deployed over seas.. Not too many grocery stores or chances to eat what you want there. The other couple of months you are out in the field training to go overseas so MRE's are your food source . If anyone has any ideas on how to combat this problem feel free to toss them my way.

But back to the original thread question, when I worked as a sales associate for Cinuglar I was always away from my store fixing a meal in the lounge or trying to shaking up a protein shake, couple of people ask/said some things about it, I just explained to them that eating/being healthy was really important to me and got carried on into a nutrition/dieting conversation actually got them pretty interested. But some people don't care about how they look or how healthy they are but with the vast knowledge "we" have on nutrition dieting and training most people will get somewhat interested in what you have to say and why you are eating all the time!

When your in the field living on MRE's your pretty much fugged bro. Carry some protein in your pack and mix up a couple of shakes every day. I used to put the protein in zip lock baggies and then just mix shakes in my shaker cup. There's almost always plenty of water available even when in the field. Muscle milk is high in calories and would probably be your best bet when in the field. Good luck Brotha!
    DoubleWide
    DoubleWide

Post by DoubleWide Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:20 am

i always used to work in group homes so this was the best for cooking your own meals and sitting and eating. best jobs ever
    logic
    logic

Post by logic Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 am

working as a chef there is always a chance to eat
    usmcwarrior

Post by usmcwarrior Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:53 am

Yep, water is a plentiful source so far muscle milk/cyto gainer in a crack bag definitely is the best trick. Only problem about bringing a lot of it is if we hike 30miles out to field ahah! Definitely got some respect on our last field op when i carried a 5lb bag of protein and at least a weeks worth of creatin in zip lock bags. 14day field op and I hiked that stuff additional and some perfect pushup /pushup assitant handles haha.
    -Greg
    cschulze
    cschulze

Post by cschulze Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:45 am

No one gives me grief but on days my research patients are scheduled for surgery I have to stay with them for 6-7 hours. Since they are NPO, I can't eat or drink the whole time. Occassionally, I get 2 mins to step away and guzzle some water and a shake.

These days suck.....

C
    Johnny Bretz

Post by Johnny Bretz Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:17 am

Even in university and work I have a room where I can eat 6 times during 8 hours)) I suppose if you have target, thre is no obstacles)) I have problems only with cooking - too lazy for that))
    Ferni

Post by Ferni Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:59 am

Further, most adults become much less active as they get older but continue to eat as much as they did in their 20s. The combination of aging, less exercise, and a healthy appetite are the reasons so many of us eventually experience "weight creep."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 am