Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+2
gustavo77
bigworm6
6 posters

Difference Between Treadmill And Bike

bigworm6
    bigworm6

Difference Between Treadmill And Bike Empty Difference Between Treadmill And Bike

Post by bigworm6 Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:39 am

Well im startin to hit cardio a little harder now to drop some b/f, i was wondering what was the differnece between the two when it comes to burning fat?
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Difference Between Treadmill And Bike Empty Re: Difference Between Treadmill And Bike

Post by gustavo77 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:06 am

Treadmill would be more effective because you are moving your body weight.
    undecideddecision
    undecideddecision

Difference Between Treadmill And Bike Empty Re: Difference Between Treadmill And Bike

Post by undecideddecision Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am

I have just started the samething. Out of the two I would say I like the treadmill better. But out of all the cardio machines I prefer the elliptical machines, mainly because they have less impact on the joints with almost the same benefits as the tred.
    thehulk3791
    thehulk3791

Post by thehulk3791 Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:27 pm

I hate those f*cking stationary bikes man!
    treadmill nuf said...
    o2jumper
    o2jumper

Post by o2jumper Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm

IMHO, only use the treadmill in inclement weather and as a tool to learn your pace. Otherwise, hit the street. Two totally different things going on. If you have knee issues run on grass or hit a trail if you can.

As far as the stationary bike, good for a pre workout warm up, but you will not get much from it. Same thing as running, you want to ride, grab a road bike or mtn bike and get outside.

I ran for Omega Sports for 3 years and have been a competitive triathlete for 10, so this is all based on personal exp and recommendations from all of my coaches.

Oh, I do like the elip, it is low impact. You really need to crank the intensity level to get your HR in the proper zone for fat burning. Make sure you incorporate 10 minutes of anaerobic in the beginning of any cardio, this will greatly improve your VO2 Max. Hope this has been helpful.
    D.K.
    D.K.

Post by D.K. Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:50 pm

undecideddecision wrote:I have just started the samething. Out of the two I would say I like the treadmill better. But out of all the cardio machines I prefer the elliptical machines, mainly because they have less impact on the joints with almost the same benefits as the tred.

I agree 100%
    bigworm6
    bigworm6

Post by bigworm6 Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:40 pm

thanks for all the replies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am