Dr. Steroids
16 posters

Is Beef a MUST?

Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Is Beef a MUST? Empty Is Beef a MUST?

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:18 am

Some people believe that Beef isnt necessary when bulking and that you can pack on the slabs of muscular beef without it but what do you think? DO you think its possible to add slabs onto your frame without the addition of beef to your diet???

Some ppl even consume beef when dieting down, I for one do that as well since I find it helps keeps me full and allows the progress to continue during the entire time I'm dieting.

Personally I think it is a must b/c of the following benefits:

-There are at least 12 cuts of beef that are leaner than a skinless chicken thigh.
    -Calorie-for-calorie, beef is one of the most nutrient-rich foods. Not only does it provide you with a bundle of essential nutrients, it has one of the highest concentrations of these nutrients compared to many other proteins.
    -Beef is High in zinc, which is important for a healthy immune system.
    -Beef contains more iron than most foods, and it is more easily used by the body than iron from other sources
    -Beef is a great source of phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, selenium and b vitamins.
    -Not to mention an Excellent source of complete proteins
    -Beef contains more creatine than any other protein which aids bodybuilders in building muscle.

So what does everyone else think???
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Is Beef a MUST? Empty Re: Is Beef a MUST?

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:01 am

Well not to much I have it once a day or EOD ----red meat has to much fat to have it for 2 or 3 meals a day ----harder on the body to digest then compared to chicken tuna or turkey---can cause back up in intestinal track
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:49 am

I don't have it all day long BUT i do have it with my last meal of the day since it takes soooooooo long to break down. That way while I'm getting my 8 hours of sleep I don't go catabolic.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 pm

NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT wrote:Well not to much I have it once a day or EOD ----red meat has to much fat to have it for 2 or 3 meals a day ----harder on the body to digest then compared to chicken tuna or turkey---can cause back up in intestinal track

Wouldn't consuming high fiber carbohydrates throughout the day keep that "back up" issue under control?

I know from personal exp I don't have any issues with this but I also have oatmeal 3x daily. So I am getting around 30+ grams fiber daily.
    BuffD
    BuffD

Post by BuffD Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:25 pm

No beef isn't a must. I think it's good to have and you can have it as long as you don't go nuts with it. Yeah there are cuts leaner than a chicken thigh but then again a chicken thigh isn't a typical bodybuilder choice. I do eat beef once in a while but not every day. When I do it's usually ground beef as I feel it's easier for the body to break down.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Don't you think that eating it during bulking and then the changing to a leaner protein source helps the body when dieting down? The change helps expedite the transformation.
    JDawg
    JDawg

Post by JDawg Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 pm

i absolutley love beef,, i couldnt imagine going without it.. my best workouts come the day after beef and rice,,, and i like your theory dafonz , that having it before sleep and the slower breakdown process.. im not sure how beef effects the body for pre-comp's but i couldnt imagine going without it..
    DoubleWide
    DoubleWide

Post by DoubleWide Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm

i think it is definatly a necessary component. i think consumng all the protein sources really if your a body builder or not is a good idea. especially tho if your a bodybuilder. but honestly having your chicken beef and fish each day is a good idea for every to take advantage of all there benefits.
    BuffD
    BuffD

Post by BuffD Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 pm

I think switching from beef to chicken will cause you to drop some lbs pretty quick when you start a diet but I don't think you HAVE to have beef to grow. I also think eating large amounts of beef will contribute to the "gut" look. If you want extra fat in your diet fish would be better as it's a healthier fat. I'm not saying don't eat it but eat some of it.
    BoomShaker
    BoomShaker

Post by BoomShaker Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 pm

If you can some how extract all the good properties from beef with out getting some of the bad effects of it then go for it. Although I don't how you could do that without ruining the protein purity.

Some Alzheimer’s Cases Could Be Mad Cow Disease, and since we truely do not inspect every single piece of beef that comes through our borders limiting the amount of red meat intake would be a wise and healthy move. But it's not just bodybuilders who enjoy red meat. We as children were given it to us. And we intern give it to our kids at a young age also. From birth to about 7 years old the brain is still a dry sponge. What ever nutrients you put in it will serve you better in your older years.

People eating red meat more than four times a week for prolonged periods have a 3 times higher chance of suffering dementia than long time vegetarians. (if my memory serves me correctly)

Also the saturated animal fat in red meat contributes to heart disease and atherosclerosis. So for this reason I say eat meat no more then once a week. And (IMHO) should not be the last meal of the night. That is a health problem that is gonna get worse over time, leaving red meat sit in your stomach over night is never a good thing. (just my .02) but every one is different, so to each is own.

a few meat eating facts, mind you we are talking about meat eating animals VS humans

Meat eaters-
    have claws
    have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
    have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
    have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly.
    have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
    have salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits
    have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

So clearly we humans were meant to eat meat we wouldn't have so many crucial ingestive/digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.
    crytklmass
    crytklmass

Post by crytklmass Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:49 am

I eat beef at least once or twice a week. I also include chicken, tuna, fish, eggs, pasta, etc. I eat a little of everything. just balance it out.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:48 am

it just has to much fat for me-- i would rather have the extra cals from carbs then fat
    jcanaan2057
    jcanaan2057

Post by jcanaan2057 Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:44 am

Definently a must. Couldn't imagine giving up my red meat its something worth killing for and it really makes you smart.
    Tinymk
    Tinymk

Post by Tinymk Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:18 am

I survive on Buffalo. Eat that delicious stuff a couple times a day.

Ever see a rabbitt benchpress 500pounds?

Tiny
    heritage07
    heritage07

Post by heritage07 Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:03 am

I got up to about 2 steaks a day for a while. I also had a lot of fiber in my diet so I never noticed any negative effects. I only eat about 3-4 steaks a wk now.
    jcanaan2057
    jcanaan2057

Post by jcanaan2057 Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 am

Shit i'd eat steak 5 times a day no problem if i could afford it. I'm talkin ribeyes not some weak cut. I want an exceptional cut of meat not just good exceptional* ya feel me
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 am

Tinymk wrote:I survive on Buffalo. Eat that delicious stuff a couple times a day.

Ever see a rabbitt benchpress 500pounds?

Tiny

lol, good point. If you want to pack on the mass you have to eat food which are rich in nutritional value. Thats one of the reasons I eat it.
    ironclad
    ironclad

Post by ironclad Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:51 am

I eat it several times a week, cook a great lump of it for sunday dinner and eat the rest over the next few days.
    Can't get enuff. gimme gimme gimme lol
    If i stop in on a friday night i get a steak and a dvd.

Wonder if you can eat too much??
    bignready
    bignready

Post by bignready Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:25 am

we cant afford steaks at the moment and i also drive a drive 12 hrs a day.but i need my red meat.so what i do is buy a batch of ground beef 93% lean with 7%fat. i cook them up into 2 big burgers which i can eat while im driving.then when i get to stop i eat my potato's and chicken.it has been working great.putting on solid muscle and no fat
    jrtlover
    jrtlover

Post by jrtlover Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:19 am

we all know what I think on the matter of beef
    logic
    logic

Post by logic Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:38 am

beef is great i would eat it 3 times a day if i could !!
    Marc Goodwen

Post by Marc Goodwen Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:52 pm

I also agree with you OP. Meet is most and must important for body building. Even doctors are prescribed meet to eat. And people always said that 'If you eat meet then this will help you build your body well' So meet is needed.
    Ferni

Post by Ferni Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 am

Guys beef is a must I eat daily around 200 Gm along with leafy veges throughout the day. It is my daily diet. I planned a diet meal plan around 1300 daily basing on beef. It gives me all the essential nutrients like amino acids, etc. So beef is must also it contains more protein than fat. Not found other meats.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 pm