Steroids Forum

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

Cardio

Al-Mann

Cardio

Post by Al-Mann on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:08 am

Hi,

What do you all think about this statement?

"Firstly when you wake up your body is in a catabolic state and doing a catabolic exercise like cardio is going to make you lose muscle."

If you agree, how long before cardio should you take a meal to get your body out of the catabolic state?

Thank you.
jimijimi

Re: Cardio

Post by jimijimi on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:40 am

Al-Mann wrote:Hi,

What do you all think about this statement?

"Firstly when you wake up your body is in a catabolic state and doing a catabolic exercise like cardio is going to make you lose muscle."

If you agree, how long before cardio should you take a meal to get your body out of the catabolic state?

Thank you.

Have to resurch that. I don't feel I'am losing muscle doing cardio,but toning up
muscle. I wake up at 6 am have coffie and by 7:30am drink a protein shake,
8:30 in the gym doing cardio,45 mins. 9:30am I do breakfest, back to the gym at 6 pm weight traning
I do that Mon-Fri. Can not eat before I go to the gym.
deadliftstoheaven

Post by deadliftstoheaven on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:32 am

I believe that is true but just have a small amount of a protein shake when you wake up before cardio. Take something like 15 grams of whey protein when you wake up if your worried about muscle loss.

jrobinsonlaw

Post by jrobinsonlaw on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:07 am

I think that if you are trying to lose fat, cardio in the morning is a good idea because when you wake your glycogen levels are low so you burn fat for fuel and not carbs...just don't over do it and you will not lose muscle.

Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:50 am

Yeah, when you wake up first thing in the morning your body is most receptive in burning fat b/c your carb levels are sooooo low you will burn fat faster than if you had a meal and then did cardio. If your body has carbs in it than it will burn those first before ever tapping into its fats stores and therefore you'll have to do cardio for more than 30min b/c until than the body is burning a mixture of fat, protein, and carbs. After the 30min marker the body starts to burn less carbs and more fat. If your stores are very low to begin will you will not have to wait the 30min.

You dont have to worry about loosing soo much size with cardio first thing in the morning.

If I want to add flavor to my cooking. . . . . . . I just burn it

There is NO such thing as over training just under EATING. ~ Trey Brewer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 am