Steroids Forum

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board


Need To Lose BF

Share
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 am

I finished my bulk cycle April 30 and have not lost one lb of BW since then.  Unfortunatley, I gained some BF on this cycle.

I am 45y/o fe,  5'4" 148lbs.

Once finished, I upped my cardio to help lean out.  No effect.

Last month, I cut cals and upped intensity of cardio, no effect.

My doc checked my TSH about a month ago and it was high so we upped my Synthroid, no effect yet.

On the one hand, I am happy I didn't lose my mass gains (16lbs) but I am tired of having a little gut hanging over my pants.

I have been wondering how the rest of you iron lovers do cardio. I have always gone at max HR for 25mins, 2-3 x wk. I do one low intensity day as well.

I have always been able to shed fat easily with upping intensity and quantity of cardio but not this time.  

So, I was wondering if I should lower the intensity to the fat burning range and do cardio more often instead of doing HIT cardio as I am not getting the results I want.

Am planning on my next cycle next week, Prop, Tren, EQ, T3. Hoping if my diet is on, this will trigger some BF loss.

Diet is high protein, low fat. Cals 1200, fat 45G, Protein 200G.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jimijimi

Posts : 43
Karma : 49
Join date : 2016-04-15

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jimijimi on Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 am

cschulze wrote:I finished my bulk cycle April 30 and have not lost one lb of BW since then.  Unfortunatley, I gained some BF on this cycle.

I am 45y/o fe,  5'4" 148lbs.

Once finished, I upped my cardio to help lean out.  No effect.

Last month, I cut cals and upped intensity of cardio, no effect.

My doc checked my TSH about a month ago and it was high so we upped my Synthroid, no effect yet.

On the one hand, I am happy I didn't lose my mass gains (16lbs) but I am tired of having a little gut hanging over my pants.

I have been wondering how the rest of you iron lovers do cardio. I have always gone at max HR for 25mins, 2-3 x wk. I do one low intensity day as well.

I have always been able to shed fat easily with upping intensity and quantity of cardio but not this time.  

So, I was wondering if I should lower the intensity to the fat burning range and do cardio more often instead of doing HIT cardio as I am not getting the results I want.

Am planning on my next cycle next week, Prop, Tren, EQ, T3. Hoping if my diet is on, this will trigger some BF loss.

Diet is high protein, low fat. Cals 1200, fat 45G, Protein 200G.

C          

Why did't you start the cutting cycle April 30th ?
avatar
DoubleWide
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 65
Karma : 67
Join date : 2016-02-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by DoubleWide on Fri May 20, 2016 4:16 am

what is your diet like exactly. if your on a good diet and it is as good as you say along with a quality cardio routine there is no reason for you not to be sheddin fat. post your diet.
avatar
Dr. Steroids
Admin

Posts : 206
Karma : 331
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Adrenaline Alley

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by Dr. Steroids on Fri May 20, 2016 5:13 am

BUMPING DW, def post your diet b/c a dialed in diet with the proper cardio regimen will have you shedding those bf lbs.

Are you exp a carb cutoff time, are you cycling your carbs? Are you getting different sources of protein? Are you getting enough fiber throughout the course of the day? There are million questions we could ask.


_________________
All about steroids and bodybuilding blog


If I want to add flavor to my cooking. . . . . . . I just burn it

There is NO such thing as over training just under EATING. ~ Trey Brewer
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 5:46 am

M-F

6am 1/2C oatmeal w/40g protein from 100%whey powder + bran buds + skim
9am shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + fruit
12pm 5oz chic breast + apple
3pm shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + fruit
430pm coffee w/splenda
5pm extend w/16oz water (M,W,F)

530pm lift M,W,F (cardio T-HIT, H -low int)

PWO 730pm shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + carb powder 40g carbs (M-F)
9pm chic breast or steak + veggies

Sa Su
coffee
cardio SA -HIT, Su - low
PWO shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + carb powder 40g carbs
3 hrs later cheat meal (Sa or Su)
3 hrs later shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein
3 hrs later chic or tuna + fruit cheat meal

Last time thyroid was high and upped dose, lost BF almost immediately. Lost 5lbs in less than month. Concerned that thyroid is still high and that is why can't get BF off. Doc won't check for another 2 months though.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 am

jimijimi wrote:Why did't you start the cutting cycle April 30th ?

Just ended a 16 wk cycle, so wanted to give body a rest. Plus, if started a diet right on tail of bulker and cut cals would have lost a lot of mass gains. Gotta wait a good 3 months to cut cals after bulker to avoid this. (unless stay "on")

My show isn't until August so have time to get ready.

Just have never had trouble cutting fat before. That's why I think my thyroid is screwed up. When it is working correctly, I shed fat fast and get cut.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jimijimi

Posts : 43
Karma : 49
Join date : 2016-04-15

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jimijimi on Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 am

cschulze wrote:Just ended a 16 wk cycle, so wanted to give body a rest. Plus, if started a diet right on tail of bulker and cut cals would have lost a lot of mass gains. Gotta wait a good 3 months to cut cals after bulker to avoid this. (unless stay "on")

My show isn't until August so have time to get ready.

Just have never had trouble cutting fat before. That's why I think my thyroid is screwed up. When it is working correctly, I shed fat fast and get cut.

C          

Guess it could be the thyroid but I'am not a doctor I just play one LOL.
Good luck with your show........
avatar
Dr. Steroids
Admin

Posts : 206
Karma : 331
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Adrenaline Alley

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by Dr. Steroids on Fri May 20, 2016 8:07 am

cschulze wrote:M-F

6am 1/2C oatmeal w/40g protein from 100%whey powder + bran buds + skim
9am shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + fruit
12pm 5oz chic breast + apple
3pm shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + fruit
430pm coffee w/splenda
5pm extend w/16oz water (M,W,F)

530pm lift M,W,F (cardio T-HIT, H -low int)

PWO 730pm shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + carb powder 40g carbs (M-F)
9pm chic breast or steak + veggies

Sa Su
coffee
cardio SA -HIT, Su - low
PWO shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein + carb powder 40g carbs
3 hrs later cheat meal (Sa or Su)
3 hrs later shake w/water 100%whey 40g protein
3 hrs later chic or tuna + fruit cheat meal

Last time thyroid was high and upped dose, lost BF almost immediately. Lost 5lbs in less than month. Concerned that thyroid is still high and that is why can't get BF off. Doc won't check for another 2 months though.

C

Well the BIGGEST problem i see is cardio just 2x week. That is NOT enough. You should be doing cardio at least 4x week and drop the HIT cardio. Low steady cardio to burn fat, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 45 minutes.

Kill the fruit, you dont need sugar or at the least make sure the fruit is low GI fruit like pears and apples.

Where is the fiber??? You need more fiber, so instead of eating fruit eat green veggies like green beans, broccolli, aspargus, etc.

I would also get protein from more than chicken and shakes. Changing your protein sources could actually help. Eating the same sources could cause your body to get stagnant.

These are just a few changes I would make to begin with.


_________________
All about steroids and bodybuilding blog


If I want to add flavor to my cooking. . . . . . . I just burn it

There is NO such thing as over training just under EATING. ~ Trey Brewer
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 am

Dr. Steroids wrote:Well the BIGGEST problem i see is cardio just 2x week. That is NOT enough. You should be doing cardio at least 4x week and drop the HIT cardio. Low steady cardio to burn fat, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 45 minutes.

Kill the fruit, you dont need sugar or at the least make sure the fruit is low GI fruit like pears and apples.

Where is the fiber??? You need more fiber, so instead of eating fruit eat green veggies like green beans, broccolli, aspargus, etc.

I would also get protein from more than chicken and shakes. Changing your protein sources could actually help. Eating the same sources could cause your body to get stagnant.

These are just a few changes I would make to begin with.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the advice as I know folks pay good money for this. :-)

I won't miss the HIT cardio! It was gettin old.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
Dr. Steroids
Admin

Posts : 206
Karma : 331
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Adrenaline Alley

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by Dr. Steroids on Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 am

Try those things and you should get things underway.


_________________
All about steroids and bodybuilding blog


If I want to add flavor to my cooking. . . . . . . I just burn it

There is NO such thing as over training just under EATING. ~ Trey Brewer
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 am

c- do you typically have thyroid issues in the past?
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 11:01 am

jrtlover wrote:c- do you typically have thyroid issues in the past?

Yes, it started acting up a few years ago. I have had to up my Synthroid dose twice to keep it in line. I still don't think it is working properly but have to wait for Dr to order more bloodwork.

I have never had trouble dropping BF before. I cut up easily. So, I am FRUSTRATED.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Fri May 20, 2016 11:49 am

c- did you find the synthroid helped you lose bf? acting like something like T3 would?
avatar
jhwright12382

Posts : 26
Karma : 28
Join date : 2016-05-20
Location : Around

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jhwright12382 on Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm

get those fibrous veggies in?


_________________
"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." -Mark Twain
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 1:29 pm

jrtlover wrote:c- did you find the synthroid helped you lose bf? acting like something like T3 would?

Yes, I cut up quickly when I first started taking synthroid. I was in a similar situation then, dieting and doing cardio hard but not losing any BF. It made me anemic, tired, cranky, and made me hemmorhage every month, as well. What joy. My doc checked my TSH and it was high so we started synthroid and things improved drastically.

T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine) are hormones produced by the thyroid gland to increase the basal metabolic rate and regulate protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism. The major form of thyroid hormone in the blood is
T4. T4 is converted to T3. T3 is three to four times more potent than T4.

I can tell my thyroid gland isn't working because I am tired, have no appetite and can't lose BF. I would prob be obese if I didn't work out like I do.

Is pissing me off because I train so hard and eat properly but once you have a prob w/thyroid it becomes difficult to manage.

I changed my cardio routine, we'll see what happens. Next step, see an endocrinologist.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Fri May 20, 2016 2:15 pm

have you ever had cystic ovaries? that messed me up big time years ago and a trip to the endo solved it. i'm getting my own thyroid tested tomorrow because of this nagging fatigue and nausea that i haven't been able to throw off.
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Fri May 20, 2016 2:47 pm

hey c also how long did you notice the effects of synthroid kicking in once you started it?
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm

jrtlover wrote:have you ever had cystic ovaries? that messed me up big time years ago and a trip to the endo solved it. i'm getting my own thyroid tested tomorrow because of this nagging fatigue and nausea that i haven't been able to throw off.

No, had an ultrasound before my endometrial ablation and uterus was normal. It was f*@% hormones that made me flood for 30 yrs. One of many reasons I hate estrogen. Didn't want BC pills, either. They make you fat.

I had horrible fatigue when my B12 was low, had anemia from flooding and thyroid was off. After about 6 months of B12 shots, iron pills, synthroid and ablation, I felt tons better.

As for fatigue, I would have doc check your b12 levels, your red blood cell count and your hemoglobin count, as well as thyroid. Lots of women become anemic due to monthly. And malfunctioning thyroid also causes anemia, which would explain the fatigue.

What is an endo?

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Fri May 20, 2016 4:19 pm

jrtlover wrote:hey c also how long did you notice the effects of synthroid kicking in once you started it?

I noticed a difference in less than a month as far as weight loss and BF mangement. I started on 25 mcg/day. It stayed stable for bout a year, then upped dose to 37.5mcg. Now up to 50mcg.

At first it made me a cranky SOB for a few weeks.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 pm

cschulze wrote:No, had an ultrasound before my endometrial ablation and uterus was normal. It was f*@% hormones that made me flood for 30 yrs. One of many reasons I hate estrogen. Didn't want BC pills, either. They make you fat.

I had horrible fatigue when my B12 was low, had anemia from flooding and thyroid was off. After about 6 months of B12 shots, iron pills, synthroid and ablation, I felt tons better.

As for fatigue, I would have doc check your b12 levels, your red blood cell count and your hemoglobin count, as well as thyroid. Lots of women become anemic due to monthly. And malfunctioning thyroid also causes anemia, which would explain the fatigue.

What is an endo?

C

i meant endocrinologist lol. i should also get b12 checked although i've already gotten it and tried shots to no effect. after a month of synthroid was your energy any better?
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Sat May 21, 2016 1:22 am

jrtlover wrote: after a month of synthroid was your energy any better?

No, it took about 6 months before fatigue improved. I think because I was extremely anemic. Actually, the first couple B12 shots helped my energy the most but only for a day or two. For a long time I was exhausted all the time. All I wanted to do was sleep.

I don't think the synthroid helped my fatigue at all. I think what helped my fatigue was the iron pills. You see, the fatigue caused by underactive thyroid is actually caused by the anemia the thyroid induces. It screws w/your body's ability to produce red blood cells, usually by lowering your B12 and making the endometrium thicker, which results in excessive monthly bleeding. One tell tale sign of anemia is shortness of breath. I got really winded doing cardio during that period.

I find it hard to believe the B12 shots didn't help. I wonder were you getting a therapeutic dose frequently enough.

Once, I learned I had pernicious anemia, I also took B12 1000mg/day along with 400 mg/day B9, along with my weekly injects of 1000mg B12.

Check this site for some B vitamin info. You can't really OD on B vits as they are water soluble and extra is excreted in urine.

One other possible cause of fatigue could be medications. Something to look into.

Hopefully, doc will get you a plan to help you recover. The fatigue SUCKS.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Sat May 21, 2016 1:59 am

Thanks C you are a medical nerd like me! I love researching this stuff. I didn't stick with the b 12, I should have. Taking it in shots, I got it from a research chem site. I should get it prescription the site is great so I know it's legit. I did have goiter back when I had pcos. Anemia is another thing I find I get winded easily too doing cardio. I'm really hoping it IS something with thyroid so I can get on meds. My other meds definitely interfere with daily life in general. I'm on so many of them and it's such a chemical balance to maintain. We're trying dropping one and upping another. Fun with bipolar!!!
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Sat May 21, 2016 2:32 am

jrtlover wrote:Thanks C you are a medical nerd like me! Fun with bipolar!!!

Yeah, I am a clinical researcher, I work at a childrens hospital. I have to keep up with pharmaceuticals and diseases.

I feel ya. I am also bipolar. I think thyroid probs are asscoiated w/this but don't know if it is the meds that screw up thyroid or the disease. I have changed meds a lot too. They suck! Lots of bad sides but they are an evil necessity. I function better socially on them. I'll never be "normal" but on meds I stay out of jail! (I have aggression probs, a little anti-social, LOL).

If you are SOB, then you most likely have anemia, either pernicious (B12 deficiency) or iron deficient anemia, or both. I would start B12 again, 1000 mg/wk for 6 weeks, then once a month. If you get too much, no harm done, will leave in urine, not toxic. I am sure the stuff you were getting is safe. I wouldn't worry about getting RX.

Iron, on the other hand, is a heavy metal and is toxic but is only supplement to improve low red blood cell anemia. First, I would find out what hemoglobin count is (from CBC) and if it is low, then you need to take 1300 mg/day iron for 3 mos. This will fix fatigue and SOB. Iron is hell on the gastro track, so I always took mine at bedtime. Otherwise, you will get awful stomach aches, nausea and cramps. I take ferrous sulfate, it is a gentler form, easier on system. Have your hemoglobin checked after 3 months to see if it is normal. Then you can stop the iron.

It is also a good idea to find out why you are iron deficient anemic. Rare possibility that internal bleeding is causing low blood count. I knew why I was iron deficient anemic, I was hemmoraghing every month but my doc also did a fecal test to check for blood in stool to rule out colorectal cancer. Endometrial ablation fixed that. Hallelujah!

Let me know what doc finds in tests.

C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci
avatar
jrtlover

Posts : 34
Karma : 38
Join date : 2016-04-19

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by jrtlover on Sat May 21, 2016 3:05 am

well blood came back normal so i have no idea what's wrong. it's getting very depressing. argh.
avatar
cschulze

Posts : 25
Karma : 27
Join date : 2016-01-14

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by cschulze on Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 am

jrtlover wrote:well blood came back normal so i have no idea what's wrong. it's getting very depressing. argh.

Interesting, I wonder what type of blood work they did. Did they check TSH & T4?

There are only two causes of SOB, a blood disorder or a cardiopulmonary disorder. Do you get SOB going up small flights of steps?

I think it is irresponsible of the doc to offer you an Rx w/o finding out the root cause of your symtoms. There is obviously something wrong. The fatigue could possibly be depression but I haven't heard an explanation for the SOB.

It is important to be your own advocate and not rely on a doc to solve your problems. I have had some experiences w/docs that were just too busy to do a proper job. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because he can't identify what the prob is, that there is no prob. He just may not be looking hard enough or in the right place.

I would have the doc check my heart and lung function. I would ask him to schedule a pulmonary function test and an ECG and an echo. The PFT will look at the lungs ability to circulate oxygen to the body and ECG/echo will look at heart function. I always advise an echo for women because their ECGs may be normal but there could still be an underlying problem. Heart disease in women is very often missed because it is difficult to detect.

I have seen many patients with heart disease. Most often they were unaware of any problem. I would hold off on any stimulants as if there is an underlying cardiac issue, it could induce an MI.

One other explanation for your fatigue is either Fibromyalgia (FMS) or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). These are also often missed or misdiagnosed.

Symtoms of FMS are pain in the muscles, soft tissues, back, or neck, headaches, morning stiffness, trouble concentrating, irritable bowel syndrome, as well as sleep problems. Many people get so fatigued that they become weak. Fibromyalgia is diagnosed by the presence of up to 18 specific trigger points on the body. These are painful only when you press directly on them.
If you are having these symptons, I would see a rheumatologist to rule out FMS.

If you have CFS, you may feel such devastating tiredness or fatigue that you can't perform all of the normal, daily activities you used to. You may be depressed and have problems sleeping. It may be harder for you to think clearly, to concentrate, and to remember things. You may also have a fever, headaches, muscle and joint pain, sore throat, and tender glands in your neck or armpits. Your symptoms may flare up after a mental or physical activity that used to be no problem for you. Fatigue lasting 6 months or more is the main symptom. Unfortunately, there are no tests that can confirm a diagnosis of CFS.

Don't give up! The answer is out there. There is a new med for FMS but there is no cure for CFS. But, having some answers can help the mental attitude and give you a place to work from.


C


_________________
"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." Leonardo da Vinci

Sponsored content

Re: Need To Lose BF

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm