Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+3
h4x
BrotherIron
ryantreb
7 posters

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

ryantreb
    ryantreb

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts? Empty How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

Post by ryantreb Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 am

An article in bodybuilding.com (Workout Recovery Tips ) said that squats and deadlifts should only be done about twice a month.The article says if you're doing them more than twice a month, you're either over-training or not working out at high enough instensity. Is that right? It doesn't seem like very much considering how important they are.
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts? Empty Re: How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

Post by BrotherIron Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:29 am

I've heard from people that you shouldn't dead more than every 14days. I have gone by that method and also by doing it every 7 days. I got stronger with doing them every 7 days when I switched my rep and set scheme.

I have never heard such a thing though about squats.
    h4x
    h4x

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts? Empty Re: How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

Post by h4x Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:13 am

Ryan how much weight are you pushing? I don't go super heavy on either of these because of a pin in my knee... I squat 315 and dead about he same and I do it once a week with no recovery problems. Maybe some of the guys using really heavy weight do them less?
    Beesnest
    Beesnest

Post by Beesnest Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 am

I think the article must have meant only heavy squatting and deads 2x a month. It must be referring to the explosive strength that gets used and takes 2 to 3 weeks to recover from.
    ryantreb
    ryantreb

Post by ryantreb Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 am

Okay. Gotcha. I'm not lifting much atm. I'm just a newbie and I'm trying to focus on my form. I've been doing it about once a week. The weight I used yesterday was the 1 big plate on each side. I the U.S the big plates are 45lbs, but in Iraq they go by Kilos. I can't remember what the big plates are? 25k maybe? Plus the bar. It's pretty heavy for me, but not so heavy that I would need two weeks to recover.
    jrtlover
    jrtlover

Post by jrtlover Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:27 am

I squat and dead twice a week but I'm not pushing heavy weight, I'm just a figure wannabe chick. But typically it's once a week.
    w000dy
    w000dy
    VIP
    VIP

Post by w000dy Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 am

When i do it, i used to do squats every week with heavy weight, and deads every other week. Both were done using very heavy weights.
    ryantreb
    ryantreb

Post by ryantreb Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

lol. Well, I'm pretty sore today. I hadn't THOUGHT it was that taxing. I may do light squats on Thursday if I'm still this sore. Don't want to hurt myself.
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 am

ryantreb wrote:Okay. Gotcha. I'm not lifting much atm. I'm just a newbie and I'm trying to focus on my form. I've been doing it about once a week. The weight I used yesterday was the 1 big plate on each side. I the U.S the big plates are 45lbs, but in Iraq they go by Kilos. I can't remember what the big plates are? 25k maybe? Plus the bar. It's pretty heavy for me, but not so heavy that I would need two weeks to recover.

It depends on the color of the weight bud. Red plate is 25kilos, Blue is 20kilos, Yellow is 15kilos, and Green is 10kilos.

There are many methods of training. Many PL have a deload week every 4 or so weeks. I lift moderately heavy rep 500 for deads and I dead every week. I do though have a deload week every 4 weeks where I lift light and let my CNS recover.
    ryantreb
    ryantreb

Post by ryantreb Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 am

They're all black at this gym? It must've been 25kilos though. Just one on each side. I'm not up to 500lbs. Give me a week or so.
    BrotherIron
    BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 am

Is there a color stripe on the outside of the plate? Is the plate rubber? Bumper plates are all black but the outside edge has a color and that is a quick way to determine the weight of the bumper plate.

If there is no color than I would assume you're right in thinking there 25kg. The 25kg feels way heavier than a 45lb plate which is the equivlent to a 20kg bumper.

Bud, deading 500 aint nothing. It really gets difficult to hit 600 that is where I'm stuck and will be for some time since i'm dieting down now for the next 3 months but even carb deprived I can rep 500. So just keep working bud and you'll get there in no time.
    androallen
    androallen

Post by androallen Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

I squat and dead every week.

I do not do a 1 rep max but maybe every 3months.
    I stick with reps and I go up in small amounts of weight each week. i know to go up in weight when I hit my final set-rep goal.

This was passed on to me from a friend when I plateaued on weight a few years back.

After I dropped down and weight and started doin this technique My quads and black blew up and I squat and dead higher then my old plateau.

My body just responds better to volume and good recovery.

A

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm