Steroids Forum

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

ryantreb

How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

Post by ryantreb on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 am

An article in bodybuilding.com (Workout Recovery Tips ) said that squats and deadlifts should only be done about twice a month.The article says if you're doing them more than twice a month, you're either over-training or not working out at high enough instensity. Is that right? It doesn't seem like very much considering how important they are.
BrotherIron

Re: How Often Can You Do Squats And Deadlifts?

Post by BrotherIron on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:29 am

I've heard from people that you shouldn't dead more than every 14days. I have gone by that method and also by doing it every 7 days. I got stronger with doing them every 7 days when I switched my rep and set scheme.

I have never heard such a thing though about squats.

Post by h4x on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:13 am

Ryan how much weight are you pushing? I don't go super heavy on either of these because of a pin in my knee... I squat 315 and dead about he same and I do it once a week with no recovery problems. Maybe some of the guys using really heavy weight do them less?

35 yrs old
5'9
215lbs
Beesnest

Post by Beesnest on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 am

I think the article must have meant only heavy squatting and deads 2x a month. It must be referring to the explosive strength that gets used and takes 2 to 3 weeks to recover from.

Post by ryantreb on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 am

Okay. Gotcha. I'm not lifting much atm. I'm just a newbie and I'm trying to focus on my form. I've been doing it about once a week. The weight I used yesterday was the 1 big plate on each side. I the U.S the big plates are 45lbs, but in Iraq they go by Kilos. I can't remember what the big plates are? 25k maybe? Plus the bar. It's pretty heavy for me, but not so heavy that I would need two weeks to recover.
jrtlover

Post by jrtlover on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:27 am

I squat and dead twice a week but I'm not pushing heavy weight, I'm just a figure wannabe chick. But typically it's once a week.
w000dy
VIP
VIP

Post by w000dy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 am

When i do it, i used to do squats every week with heavy weight, and deads every other week. Both were done using very heavy weights.

Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, and yet everything happens only a certain number of times ... How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood ... that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps 4 or 5 times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps 20. And yet it all seems limitless.
-Brandon Lee-
ryantreb

Post by ryantreb on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

lol. Well, I'm pretty sore today. I hadn't THOUGHT it was that taxing. I may do light squats on Thursday if I'm still this sore. Don't want to hurt myself.
BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 am

ryantreb wrote:Okay. Gotcha. I'm not lifting much atm. I'm just a newbie and I'm trying to focus on my form. I've been doing it about once a week. The weight I used yesterday was the 1 big plate on each side. I the U.S the big plates are 45lbs, but in Iraq they go by Kilos. I can't remember what the big plates are? 25k maybe? Plus the bar. It's pretty heavy for me, but not so heavy that I would need two weeks to recover.

It depends on the color of the weight bud. Red plate is 25kilos, Blue is 20kilos, Yellow is 15kilos, and Green is 10kilos.

There are many methods of training. Many PL have a deload week every 4 or so weeks. I lift moderately heavy rep 500 for deads and I dead every week. I do though have a deload week every 4 weeks where I lift light and let my CNS recover.

Post by ryantreb on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 am

They're all black at this gym? It must've been 25kilos though. Just one on each side. I'm not up to 500lbs. Give me a week or so.
BrotherIron

Post by BrotherIron on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 am

Is there a color stripe on the outside of the plate? Is the plate rubber? Bumper plates are all black but the outside edge has a color and that is a quick way to determine the weight of the bumper plate.

If there is no color than I would assume you're right in thinking there 25kg. The 25kg feels way heavier than a 45lb plate which is the equivlent to a 20kg bumper.

Bud, deading 500 aint nothing. It really gets difficult to hit 600 that is where I'm stuck and will be for some time since i'm dieting down now for the next 3 months but even carb deprived I can rep 500. So just keep working bud and you'll get there in no time.

Post by androallen on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

I squat and dead every week.

I do not do a 1 rep max but maybe every 3months.
I stick with reps and I go up in small amounts of weight each week. i know to go up in weight when I hit my final set-rep goal.

This was passed on to me from a friend when I plateaued on weight a few years back.

After I dropped down and weight and started doin this technique My quads and black blew up and I squat and dead higher then my old plateau.

My body just responds better to volume and good recovery.

A

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm