Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+2
vindiesel
aces11
6 posters

B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant?

aces11
    aces11

B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant? Empty B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant?

Post by aces11 Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:24 am

Hey guys, I really want to increase my appetite, it been pretty low lately, and I'm trying to put on some weight. What would be better to stimulate my appetite? I've heard more about b complex to do it, but also b12. any suggestions?
    vindiesel
    vindiesel

B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant? Empty Re: B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant?

Post by vindiesel Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:56 am

The best appetite stimulant is Periactin.

Remember that pre-loading your stomach with liquid beverages is not a good appetite idea. It will feel you full when you're not ....

Cranberry juice is a natural appetite stimulant.
    aces11
    aces11

B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant? Empty Re: B Complex Or B12 (Orals) For Appetite Stimulant?

Post by aces11 Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:48 am

hey thanks man, that looks good. Have you taken it?
    vindiesel
    vindiesel

Post by vindiesel Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:34 am

aces11 wrote:hey thanks man, that looks good.  Have you taken it?

I'm not a man .... I'm a female  and yes, I have taken Periactin in the past, it really works.  Ian Harrison (a former pro) had advised me to take Periactin when I couldn't eat well during my last cycle.
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gustavo77 Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:32 am

Hey Vin could you give us some more info on it, is it over the counter?? Is it a drug?? Injectable? Dosage?? etc...sorry for the questions but I to am having a difficult time with appetite and i am on my first cycle right now.
    vindiesel
    vindiesel

Post by vindiesel Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:30 am

Generic Name: cyproheptadine
    Brand Names: Periactin

What is the most important information I should know about cyproheptadine?
    • Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Cyproheptadine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
    • Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking cyproheptadine.

What is cyproheptadine?
    • Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine. Cyproheptadine blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body.
    • Cyproheptadine is used to treat sneezing; runny nose; itching, watery eyes; hives; rashes; itching; and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold.
    • Although not approved by the FDA for this purpose, cyproheptadine has been used to stimulate appetite in underweight patients.
    • Cyproheptadine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Who should not take cyproheptadine?
    • Do not take cyproheptadine if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A very dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
    • Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
    · glaucoma or increased pressure in the eye;
    · a stomach ulcer;
    · an enlarged prostate, bladder problems, or difficulty urinating;
    · an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism);
    · hypertension or any type of heart problems; or
    · asthma.
    • You may not be able to take cyproheptadine, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
    • Cyproheptadine is in the FDA pregnancy category B. This means that it is unlikely to harm an unborn baby. Do not take cyproheptadine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
    • Cyproheptadine passes into breast milk. Infants are especially sensitive to the effects of antihistamines, and serious side effects could occur in a nursing baby. Cyproheptadine is not recommended if you are breast-feeding a baby. Do not take cyproheptadine without first talking to your doctor if you are nursing a baby.
    • If you are over 60 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from cyproheptadine. You may require a lower dose of this medication.

How to take Cyproheptadine

• Take each dose with a full glass of water.
    • Cyproheptadine can be taken with or without food.
    • To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the syrup form of cyproheptadine with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not with a regular tablespoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.
    • The maximum amount of cyproheptadine that you should take in 1 day is 32 mg.
    • Store cyproheptadine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.

What should I avoid while taking cyproheptadine?
    • Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Cyproheptadine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
    • Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking cyproheptadine.

What are the possible side effects of cyproheptadine?
    • Stop taking cyproheptadine and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
    • Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take cyproheptadine and talk to your doctor if you experience
    · sleepiness, fatigue, or dizziness;
    · headache;
    · dry mouth; or
    · difficulty urinating or an enlarged prostate.
    • Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect cyproheptadine?
    • Do not take cyproheptadine if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A very dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
    • Talk to your pharmacist before taking other over-the-counter cough, cold, allergy, or insomnia medications. These products may contain medicines similar to cyproheptadine, which could lead to an overdose of antihistamine.
    • Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
    · anxiety or sleep medicines such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), temazepam (Restoril), or triazolam (Halcion);
    · medications for depression such as amitriptyline (Elavil), doxepin (Sinequan), nortriptyline (Pamelor), fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), or paroxetine (Paxil); or
    · any other medications that make you feel drowsy, sleepy, or relaxed.
    • Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with cyproheptadine. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.

I don't know if it's OTC but you can buy it online I think.

I hope this helps.

VD
    Fitnessrx
    Fitnessrx

Post by Fitnessrx Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks vindiesel, ever since I had back surgery I have to take medications
    that have wiped out my appetite and the only thing that helped significantly
    was a lot of Extra Strength Bcomlex vitamins. But I am going to look in to
    this Periactin and see if I can get back the voracious appetite I used to have.
    It's always great to find out something new. Thanks for the tip!!
    Fitnessrx
    BoomShaker
    BoomShaker

Post by BoomShaker Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am

I was gonna say lots of sex stimulates the appetite but Periactin is fine also!
    ptest
    ptest

Post by ptest Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:44 am

vindiesel wrote:I'm not a man .... I'm a female and yes, I have taken Periactin in the past, it really works.  Ian Harrison (a former pro) had advised me to take Periactin when I couldn't eat well during my last cycle.

Not to change the subject but how is Ian Harrison, he was HOOOOOGE!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 am