Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

3 posters

Short But Interesting Read On T-bol

NTG
    NTG

Short But Interesting Read On T-bol Empty Short But Interesting Read On T-bol

Post by NTG Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 am

[The pharmacokinetics of Oral-Turinabol in humans]

[Article in German]

Schumann W.

Institut fur Mikrobiologie und experimentelle Therapie (ZIMET), Jena.

Disposition and excretion of the anabolic steroid Oral-Turinabol (1;4-chloro-17 alpha-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-17 beta-hydroxy-3-one) were investigated in male volunteers. Following single p.o. and i.v. administration of the tritium-labelled compound the plasma concentration courses of total radioactivity (1 and 1-metabolites) and of the unchanged parent drug as well as the urinary excretion were estimated. From these data model independent pharmacokinetic parameters based on statistical moments were calculated. 1 is almost completely absorbed after p.o. administration of 10 mg per volunteer. Peak concentrations of total radioactivity and of 1 in plasma were reached about 3 h p.a. Irregularities observed in the plasma level profile following both p.o. and i.v. administration of 1 are due to a marked enterohepatic circulation. Orally given 1 is subject to a first-pass effect, resulting in a diminished systematic availability. The AUC-ratio of the unchanged drug and the total radioactivity of 1 : 13 shows the predominance of metabolites in plasma. After i.v. administration the disposition of unchanged 1 was found biphasically with a terminal half-life of 16 h. 1 and its metabolites are preferentially excreted via the kidneys. The urinary total radioactivity represented about 60% of the dose following both administrations. Due to its affinity to SHBG 1 is able to compete for the protein binding of testosterone, resulting in an increased plasma level of non protein-bound testosterone.

PMID: 1798729 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    NTG
    NTG

Short But Interesting Read On T-bol Empty Re: Short But Interesting Read On T-bol

Post by NTG Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:07 am

Its a quicker compound than I thought it was.
    NTG
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Short But Interesting Read On T-bol Empty Re: Short But Interesting Read On T-bol

Post by gustavo77 Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:44 am

I don't mean to sound dumb but I really don't understand these findings cause I am not that familiar with all the terms that they used. Could you please summarize this in lamens terms, please?? Thanks. Peace.
    NTG
    NTG

Post by NTG Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 am

"with a terminal half-life of 16 h" means its biological half life is relatively short once it hits the blood stream.
    "The urinary total radioactivity represented about 60% of the dose following both administrations." possibly saying high water intake could flush this compound out of the system quicker.

I think this is descent info if you were trying to figure out length of time for clearing youre system for a test or comp if you were worried about being tested.
    NTG
    Visions
    Visions
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Visions Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 am

I don't agree with the water flushing it out... what it is saying is the unchanged drug (1) and its metabolites are mainly in the blood . Orally the drug was diminished but didn't give a %... Stated IV with a 16hr 1/2 life then 60% is flushed out through the kidneys and part of it is bound to SHBG but it doesnt give a % for that...

Well I suppose drinkin more water could flush it through but it looks like it's mostly the metabolites anyway meaning the drug was used...
    gustavo77
    gustavo77
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gustavo77 Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Thanks for breaking that down a little for me guys, cause i have the hardest time making any sense out of clinical data....lol. Guess i should have went to college!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 am