Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+4
IronChaos
Nitrateman
DIESELGIRL
lire.trv
8 posters

How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For?

lire.trv
    lire.trv

How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For? Empty How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For?

Post by lire.trv Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:54 am

I'm on week 13 of a 16-week cycle, and I'm about to visit my primary care doctor for a regular check up. This will be my first meeting with the doctor, since I've just moved here.

I have some pretty important questions and issues, each of which requires considerable care and forethought. I'd love input on any of the below. (See the end of the post for my stats and cycle.)

As a preface to this, I'm roughly assuming that my health insurance does not pay for tests that aren't warranted. For example, my last doctor wrote "fatigue" as my symptom in order to get me a pretty complete blood work up. Second, if my insurance company knows I'm doing illegal drugs ('roids), and I have ANY health problems that could possibly be related to the use or steroids, then I doubt they'll pay for treatments.

1. My blood pressure (from the Var and maybe from the Tren/Test) is at about 145/95. In the office, it might even run up to 150/100 The doctor is gonna be pretty concerned. How do you recommend approaching this potential problem?

2. I'd like to get my liver and kidney checked. Is there something I can say that will motivate a doctor to check my liver/kidney values?

3. I'll have no trouble getting my triglycerides and cholesterol checked, but the results could be alarming. How do I respond/prepare her for this?

4. I have a swollen foot (edema). I'm not sure what the cause is, but I suspect it has something to do with the Tren, Test, or Var--or all three.

What do you all think of these three options:

A. I bought a bunch of 1-Test when it was still legal. It was actuallty pretty potent stuff. Could I tell her I saved a lot of it, and I'm currently taking it . . . possibly causing these issues listed above??

B. Similarly, I could say I'm taking very high doses of "MHP T-Bomb II"--which supposedly jacks your natural test levels fairly effectively. It's legal, and could have (somewhat) similar effects as the gear I'm taking.

C. Or . . . I could tell her the truth, and ask her not to put the truth on my chart, so I don't get in trouble with my insurance.

TIA for any imput on this!!

lire.trv

PS: Here's where I am:

--Week 13 of a 16 week cycle
    --My first "real" cycle, not some BS six-week Deca-Winny waste of time (which I have done before, a few years ago)
    --Cycle has mainly been Andropen (about 500mg a week) and deca(about 400 a week). But the last few weeks, I've tried to switch over to Prop (500mg a week), Tren (300mg a week), and Var (300mg a week).
    --I'm 40. I started the cycle 164, now I'm at 190lbs. My k.pyfat is probably fairly high: 20%??
    --My injections don't "show"--so there's no physical evidence for using gear. The 25-gauge needles leave no trace.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!
    DIESELGIRL
    DIESELGIRL

How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For? Empty Re: How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For?

Post by DIESELGIRL Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 am

I would reschedule your blood work until you are not on. The results will be skewed anyway..so you won't be getting accurate data. Then you can honestly tell her (or him) that you WERE on AAS but you aren't anymore. When the nurse checks you in don't mention it. But do tell the doctor.

If your k.pyfat is anywhere near that high I'd be concerned about that. It could be more of the reason for your bp than the gear.

Reminder...high bp = silent killer. You need to have this treated. In the meantime lower your sodium intake and drink a min of 1 gal water a day. I don't like the sounds of the poss edema. You are not healthy right now...not a doc but don't need to be one to see that. I too suffer from hypertension. It's not to be fucked with...AT ALL I am on avalide now. My prescription needed to be changed b/c the maxide wasn't working anymore. Def keep an eye on that.

There are plenty of liver support products out there. I use bupleburum. My blood work is always text book perfect.

Your k.pyfat is high. Your diet is probably the main reason why your cholestrol may be k.p. You need to get control of that. 30 lbs is a HUGE piece of meat...you honestly think that is all muscle..of course not! Most is water and it sounds like some is even fat.

Besides diet you should seriously consider putting cardio in your regimine if it's not already. 20 min post weight training would suffice (figuring that you are weight training at least 4 days a week).

Good luck w/ all that and keep us posted.
    Nitrateman
    Nitrateman
    VIP
    VIP

How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For? Empty Re: How To Approach My Doctor--And What Tests I Should Ask For?

Post by Nitrateman Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am

Big Bump to Dieselgirl's excellent post.

Nitrateman
    IronChaos
    IronChaos

Post by IronChaos Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:23 am

Diesel gurl you hit that one on the head. nothing to add but a bump i think.

i had doctor who questioned me, i said no i can't answer that but if in theory he was right what would he recommend to someone in that situation. It is like we play chess with the "what if" and "well in theory"....protects him and myself i think.

He is a good bro, and if you find one keep his number because like deisel said if you check yourself correctly and frequently you will save some trouble...if not...silent killer is not a joking matter.

ic
    RuffHouse
    RuffHouse

Post by RuffHouse Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm

lire.trv wrote:I'm on week 13 of a 16-week cycle, and I'm about to visit my primary care doctor for a regular check up. This will be my first meeting with the doctor, since I've just moved here.

I have some pretty important questions and issues, each of which requires considerable care and forethought. I'd love input on any of the below. (See the end of the post for my stats and cycle.)

As a preface to this, I'm roughly assuming that my health insurance does not pay for tests that aren't warranted. For example, my last doctor wrote "fatigue" as my symptom in order to get me a pretty complete blood work up. Second, if my insurance company knows I'm doing illegal drugs ('roids), and I have ANY health problems that could possibly be related to the use or steroids, then I doubt they'll pay for treatments.

1. My blood pressure (from the Var and maybe from the Tren/Test) is at about 145/95. In the office, it might even run up to 150/100 The doctor is gonna be pretty concerned. How do you recommend approaching this potential problem?

2. I'd like to get my liver and kidney checked. Is there something I can say that will motivate a doctor to check my liver/kidney values?

3. I'll have no trouble getting my triglycerides and cholesterol checked, but the results could be alarming. How do I respond/prepare her for this?

4. I have a swollen foot (edema). I'm not sure what the cause is, but I suspect it has something to do with the Tren, Test, or Var--or all three.

What do you all think of these three options:

A. I bought a bunch of 1-Test when it was still legal. It was actuallty pretty potent stuff. Could I tell her I saved a lot of it, and I'm currently taking it . . . possibly causing these issues listed above??

B. Similarly, I could say I'm taking very high doses of "MHP T-Bomb II"--which supposedly jacks your natural test levels fairly effectively. It's legal, and could have (somewhat) similar effects as the gear I'm taking.

C. Or . . . I could tell her the truth, and ask her not to put the truth on my chart, so I don't get in trouble with my insurance.

TIA for any imput on this!!

lire.trv

PS: Here's where I am:

--Week 13 of a 16 week cycle
    --My first "real" cycle, not some BS six-week Deca-Winny waste of time (which I have done before, a few years ago)
    --Cycle has mainly been Andropen (about 500mg a week) and Deca (about 400 a week). But the last few weeks, I've tried to switch over to Prop (500mg a week), Tren (300mg a week), and Var (300mg a week).
    --I'm 40. I started the cycle 164, now I'm at 190lbs. My k.pyfat is probably fairly high: 20%??
    --My injections don't "show"--so there's no physical evidence for using gear. The 25-gauge needles leave no trace.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!

Ok, I'm 42 years old so I can relate. If this is a doctor that you plan on sticking with then I would suggest that you tell him everything. He's not there to scold you he's there to help you. If he lectures you then find another like I did. I found a young doctor that's in his mid 30's and worksout. In fact he wrestled in college. However, I was competing already in the NPC contests for over a year. I didn't tell the nurses because they know so much and probably side with the media. However when my doctor came in for the first time I told him that I compete in k.pybuilding and plan on doing it for amout 5 years. I told him that I'm not an expert but I do my research and don't abuse the AAS I take. I then told him what I was taking and how much. I can tell he's not crazy about the idea but what can he say or do? He's not my father and he can't tell anyone due to the new HIPA laws. So when you go in, act intellirmallt and tell him what you are doing and that you want to be smart and monitor your levels while you are on and off. He'll probably respect the fact that you are at least open, honest and monitoring your levels. Tell him you want everything checked that the AAS could affect. Now that you are 40 get your PSA done too. Also when he gets the results ask if you can have a copy and file it somewhere.

BTW, your dosages are on the low side so I doubt you will have many problems...although your k.py fat % is high and you did put on some weight there Pal. How much is muscle and how much is fat? I learned that lesson 3 years ago when I blew up to 225 lbs at Christmas. Then had to get below 176.25 to compete as a Middleweight. Now I try to stay close to 200 lbs and put on quality muscle. No junk Bro.! Ok, we're human so once in a while it's ok but try to eat as clean as you can with one cheat day.

IMO, stay away from the orals and stick with the liquids. They are less toxic on the liver and kidneys....less water retension too.

Oh, I never heard of AAS causing what you have with your feet.
    MdTNT
    MdTNT

Post by MdTNT Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:51 pm

good response DG...

bro, one thing my doc alwys tells me is that while i am on my cholesterol is not going to be accurate it is going to be skewed....good is low and k.p is high but she tells me that is a false reading.....just a thought....Md-
    TANK828
    TANK828

Post by TANK828 Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:35 pm

I Went To The Doc About 6 Weeks Ago A Week After My Cycle And That Was The Only Thing My Doc Was Worried About Was My Colesterol Levels Were High
    lire.trv
    lire.trv

Post by lire.trv Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks for the tips! I really like the idea of "role-playing" and the "what if's". I'm worried that any clear admission of illegal drug use could invalidate my insurance coverage if something were to go wrong. So it'd be a perfect way to talk about my medical needs without commiting things to paper records. I'll give that a try.

As for the diet issue, I'm a health food "nut." Typical meals include cabbage salads, sashimi-grade (raw) tuna, chicken and broccoli. I'm just *guessing* my k.py fat is high, but I lost my calipers . . . and if it IS high, it's simply because I'm eating a lot . . . not because I'm eating junk. I *never* eat fried foods, no McDonald's, no candy. For carb-loading post workout, i'll use pomegranate juice, fruits, and some dextrose . . . to get an insulin response. I even feel weird about the dextrose, because I hate eating empty calories.

My main non-food protein source is "Muscle Milk"--which IS high in fat. I'm cutting back to the Muscle Milk "light"--and I'll start cardio again today. I had stopped cardio during the cycle, to maximize gains. But it's time to get back in the swing of it.

A BB friend of mine has pointed out that a 25lb gain in 12 weeks is going to stress the vascular system . . . and could result in high BP until the k.py reaches homeostasis. Also, the Var definitely has a blood-pressurey effect on me.

I am concerned definitely about the swollen foot. It started (if I remember) before the cycle.....but I'm not sure. I wish I could remember!! I suppose I'll know soon what's up--since the doctor will surely check into it.

Again, thanks for the tips----and I'll post with updates to get more feedback. As usual, ROIDSMALL comes through with excellent info!!

~lire.trv
    diesil

Post by diesil Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 pm

this is slightly off subject to this thread but i'm curious to know.I'm assuming you guy's in the states have to pay for bloodwork?? Do you get any kind of rebate etc from a health plan or is that something you have to be a member of?
    MdTNT
    MdTNT

Post by MdTNT Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 am

diesil wrote:this is slightly off subject to this thread but i'm curious to know.I'm assuming you guy's in the states have to pay for bloodwork?? Do you get any kind of rebate etc from a health plan or is that something you have to be a member of?

Lil' bro...start a new thread....dont hi-jack soemm one elses thread to ask your question......Md-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:28 am