joshshea
BoomShaker
69ECLIPSE
Chuck
ZMA
9 posters

My rant about my gym!

ZMA

My rant about my gym! Empty My rant about my gym!

Post by ZMA Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 am

I know this is not in unusual topic but I needed a rant about my gym because its starting to piss me off.

I pay a heavy premium to be a member of my gym, it a nice building (equipment is good but incomplete, eg. no t-bar! or donkey calf raise), I get on well with most of the staff and a good friend of mine is a personal trainer there.

But the standard of the place is declining lately.

Firstly, they changed the night cleaners shift so they are there whilst the gym is open meaning whilst I'm squatting I have a cleaner vacuuming around my feet. I nearly tripped the other day when I was doing upright rows and the cable was behind the back of my legs. It's not there fault but I'm working hard on keeping the aggression in check. Dose anyone else have to put up with this kind of thing?

However this month the free weights area, with out warning has been out of use on 4 separate days.

I don't want to change gyms because there is a good crowd there and I'm settled in there, but I hate missing training days especially when I arrive at the gym ready to train to be told I can only use the machines.

The dumbbells and weights were being updated to day and that is why I could not train but a bit of notice would not have hurt!

Now I know I properly need a reality check, if this is my biggest problem in my life... bla bla bla, its not it just aggravates the others.

I have a training plan that I try to keep to with military precession and in this environment I can not! And yes I properly I am a gym junky, but I'm proud!

Am I being unreasonable and blinkered to my own goals?
    Chuck
    Chuck

My rant about my gym! Empty Re: My rant about my gym!

Post by Chuck Thu May 03, 2018 5:21 am

I would definitely say something to one of the managers. Your paying for a service and have every right to complain. Keep your cool and just ask for some notice the next time there are upgrades to the gym, etc. Have the manager speak to the cleaners about being careful around the members while training. Someone could be injured seriously. Keep your head though.
    69ECLIPSE
    69ECLIPSE

Post by 69ECLIPSE Thu May 03, 2018 6:17 am

I AGREE with chuck you gotta let them know of your frustrations,your a customer and if your paying for something thats substandard thats not acceptable.be cool and let them know if they don't respond i'd look for a new home!!!
    BoomShaker
    BoomShaker

Post by BoomShaker Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 am

ZMA, a gym, is a gym, is a gym! If management doesn't want to listen, F them and tell them your taking your money and putting it in someone elses pocket! I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people at your new gym that also got pissed off and moved on! No way in hell should a gym ever stop you from working out! Unless something was broken, thats it!
    joshshea
    joshshea

Post by joshshea Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 am

bro u are in the right to be frustrated if my gym ever closed off the free weights part I think i would shit a brick and probably rage on someone...fuck ur situation is even pissing me off...fuck that place change gyms
    d3r3k
    d3r3k

Post by d3r3k Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

true my man, they need alot more hardcore gyms! Lately i have been gettin so fuckin heated, theres these 2 personal trainers, and there arms are like 10 inches just like the kids there training, 1st off who the fuck would pay some1 who looks like that to train them........ 2nd thing is they train in groups of 5-7 ppl WTFFFFFFFF that fuckin gets me so pissed, and its like everyday im doin chest so r they, so everything i wanna use there usuing for half and hr, i really think im gunna complain because this is bullshit already

ive seen these guys for like a yr now and NONE have made any progress there fuckin pressin 30lb dumbells the other day, i seriously laughed 3 of the kids are anorexic, 1 is like 300 lbs of fat and the other is a fat 45-50 y.o. lookin guy and the trainer looks like Tony Little LOL
    ptest
    ptest

Post by ptest Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 am

THings that you list are def some feedback you need to share with your owner/management...
    Just have to be careful though, cause if your the only one of your kind they wont really care and as others have said they will not even care if you take your busines elsewhere.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Thu May 03, 2018 10:18 am

Ya sounds like the gym has some issues --I had to change gyms again cant stand the social club gyms
    jrobinsonlaw
    jrobinsonlaw

Post by jrobinsonlaw Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am

Yea, what happened to the hardcore gyms? The music is what gets me more than anything. Gold's Gym plays nothing but teen pop. I don't understand. I realize that you can't please everone but Hillary Duff for God's sakes. Poor Joe Gold.
    d3r3k
    d3r3k

Post by d3r3k Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 pm

dont even get me started with the music at my gym

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 am