D.K.
sonoma8
7 posters

Cortisone Shot?

sonoma8
    sonoma8

Cortisone Shot? Empty Cortisone Shot?

Post by sonoma8 Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 am

aight guys, i wrote a post about 2 months ago about my right shoulder bothering me, went to the doc and he gave me "naproxen" aka aleve for a AC joint pull, stage 1. He instructed me to keep working out but light, i did that and it just seemed to get worse. I havent lifted in almost 3 wks, just cardio and it still bothers me. Told him about it today and he wants to give me a cortisone shot. I was wanting to kno if you guys have had this and what you thougth about it. Is it just a cover up and i will hurt myself more or what? thanx
    D.K.
    D.K.

Cortisone Shot? Empty Re: Cortisone Shot?

Post by D.K. Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:12 am

tell him you want to resolve the issue not take a shot that may or may not maske the pain and will just hurt you down the line sice its counter productive in the future get a mri(without contrast) on the shoulder and see if there is a tear or an inpingement(sp) in there if there is no shot is going to help. Been though this several times so far Im A pro with shoulder injuries since I have been 19.
    bigguy
    bigguy

Post by bigguy Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:53 am

cortisone will only mask the problem in the long run...cortisone destroys muscle!
    Style_74

Post by Style_74 Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 pm

I actually had a cortisone shot once because the heel of my foot was bothering me and the doctor suggested it. I haven't had any problems since then and it was about 5 years or so.
    Predator
    Predator

Post by Predator Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm

i had a problem with my knee and the doc said i should do cortisone injections..i visited another doctor that said "NO WAY" - probably because i was only 13 or 14 years old.i didn't do the injections,did some therapy and i was just fine....fucking idiot,he tried to give me cortisone at 14 years old
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:11 pm

bigguy wrote:cortisone will only mask the problem in the long run...cortisone destroys muscle!            

HUGE Bump, cortisone is the worst thing you could do.  You'll mask the pain so you lift hard do more damage and the shot destroys the surrounding tissue to increase the problem your having.

Last edited by Dr. Steroids on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    bigguy
    bigguy

Post by bigguy Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Style_74 wrote:I actually had a cortisone shot once because the heel of my foot was bothering me and the doctor suggested it. I haven't had any problems since then and it was about 5 years or so.

if i absolutely had to have one, i think i would take it in my foot as well but he is talking about his shoulder...there are alot of muscles in you shoulder!
    d rock

Post by d rock Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

HUGE BUMP! I actually had three cortisone shots last year in the same shoulder and did more damage. A real false sense of security! Not only does it destroy the muscle but the bone as well. I'm still having issues with my shoulder and I know eventually i'm going to have to have surgery to remove the bone spurs. Just lift light, especially when you're on the bench.
    sonoma8
    sonoma8

Post by sonoma8 Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:37 pm

thanx guys, what i figured. gonna just rest it out a few more weeks and see what happens, if all fails, get that mri. Just fuckin pisses me off b/c i was supposed to start my cycle in NOV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am