+2
Dr. Steroids
thespeedy1
6 posters

Protein Intake

thespeedy1

Protein Intake Empty Protein Intake

Post by thespeedy1 Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:03 pm

how much protein does everyone take in daily? pls post height,weight,goals etc. Im just wondering what protein intake everyone has, and if it differs from person to person (that are the same weight) thanks
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Protein Intake Empty Re: Protein Intake

Post by Dr. Steroids Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:48 pm

My stats are:

6'1 265lbs

I take in around 500 grams of protein daily and my goal is to pack on as much mass as possible this year while not going overboard in gaining bf%. My body requires a lot of food with my training regimen to recover b/c I'm more into powerbuilding than bodybuilding. I'm also "off" and have been for a moment. Once "on" I will upping amounts to help take adavantage of the aas.
    bigguy
    bigguy

Post by bigguy Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:35 pm

1.5 - 2g/lb. of lean body mass is what you need to be taking in each day...
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm

One nice thing about protein is that it takes the body twice as much work to convert excess protein into fat as it does to turn excess carbs into fat.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:28 pm

I dont raise my protien high all the way throughout the week --there is no need-- mine is up and down through the week ---high carb days my protein is 300 to 350 grams----low carbs days its 450 to 500 and medium days its around 350 to 400---On the days I lift I stay with low protien aroun 300to 350 and up my carbs especailly on leg and back day they require more glycogen to repair when muscles are broken down-- the days I dont lift my protien is high and carbs are somewhat moderate to low
    captain morgan
    captain morgan

Post by captain morgan Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:20 pm

bigguy wrote:1.5 - 2g/lb. of lean body mass is what you need to be taking in each day...            

I agree...
    And you should be taking in .5g of fat per pound as well

So if you're 200lbs, you should be consuming 100g of fat and give or take 200-300g of protein a day
    El Mucho
    El Mucho

Post by El Mucho Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:58 pm

NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT wrote:I dont raise my protien high all the way throughout the week --there is no need-- mine is up and down through the week ---high carb days my protein is 300 to 350 grams----low carbs days its 450 to 500 and medium days its around 350 to 400---On the days I lift I stay with low protien aroun 300to 350 and up my carbs especailly on leg and back day they require more glycogen to repair when muscles are broken down-- the days I dont lift my protien is high and carbs are somewhat moderate to low            
    That's how I do it too. I normally have 400-450 grams on lifting days while on cycle, but I only have about 200-250 grams a day when I'm off. I try to slim up when I'm off cycle so I just generally eat less. I keep my carbs high all the time. I notice more change in my body when I change my carb amounts rather than going with huge amounts of protein all the time. I just force myself to take in more protein while on cycle because of the anabolic boost. Also, the one bodybuilder that I idolize the most is Frank Zane. He didn't think that eating more than 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight was necessary. I think the huge bb's of today definately need to eat more, but I want to look like Zane. My measurements as of this morning: 5'7"/201 lbs/9.8% bf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm