Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

+3
voodoo
sluggo
Mr.E
7 posters

Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands?

Mr.E
    Mr.E

Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands? Empty Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands?

Post by Mr.E Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:09 am

Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands?

Lets here your thoughts on this!

Cheers
    E
    sluggo
    sluggo

Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands? Empty Re: Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands?

Post by sluggo Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 am

You mean your pituitary gland's natural production of GH? I think it's inevitable.

I know Paul Borresen in his book 'The Stack' says never to take it before bed as it will interfere with production of natural GH during sleep.

I think to a large extent it also depends how long you are on it, and what type of ester one uses. It seems the long lasting esters are falling out of favor just for that reason. I read one manufacturer is discontinuing production of their long lasting ester version of Gh.

Doesn't regular Gh have a half life of only 4 hours? If that's the case, you should be able to use it in the late afternoon and be okay at bedtime.

That's a tough one, E. Once you're into your mid-thirties, you make so little GH anyway, that it would almost seem like a non issue, don't you think? It would seem like any Gh you take exogenously would be a huge benefit. But a little goes a long way, so I suppose you shouldn't carelessly interfere with what little bit your body makes.

Anyway, now that I've confused myself! Those are my thoughts, for what they are worth. I'd like to hear what other folks think about this myself!
    voodoo
    voodoo

Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands? Empty Re: Does HGH slow down your pituitary glands?

Post by voodoo Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:21 am

Yes it will eventually shut down the natural process of GH production.....just like aas will shut down HTPA sooner or later.
    bluestrm
    bluestrm

Post by bluestrm Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 am

Very interesting question bro.
    Like Voodoo, I also believe that extended use, and not cycling it will have an impact on your natural production. But more importantly it will also impact your insulin sensitivity.
    GH does blunt the bodies natural production, and it is best to use earlier in the day that way you don't blunt the largest natural spike that comes in your sleep.
    If you are going on for an extended "trial" possibly add some Glucophage to increase insulin receptor sensitivity.
    Doug_N

Post by Doug_N Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:00 am

I for one and several Bro's on Freakz have disscussed this several times. Yes it can make you insuline sensitive but there is NO evidence or reports showing HGH shuts down when using outside HGH. And as far as not using it before bed. It doesnt matter ; morning, night . You will see the same gains.
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

Post by Eating Machine Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:42 am

This is a good topic. I have not read much about exogenous hgh shutting down or decreasing the output of the pituitary gland. It does however stand to reason that if your body were to have high concentrations of hgh circulating that your body would not add to it. Over time that might create a problem.

To combat the possibilities I take my hgh in the early am and sometimes an additional dose at lunch. I have stayed on for extended periods and never noticed any symtoms of low natural gh when I stopped.
    John_Bobbit's_Unit
    John_Bobbit's_Unit

Post by John_Bobbit's_Unit Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:32 am

I found this on the anabolicbeast website:

GH Administration and Aging

When a hormone is supplied exogenously (from outside of the body) it is often referred to as HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) due to the fact that the endogenous (made inside the body by an organ, gland or tissue) hormone production stops after a period of administration. Normally, after the HRT is discontinued the endogenous hormone suffers a production lag period. Though this is actually very rarely permanent. In the case of GH administration, a hormone called somatostatin increases in level to inhibit what the body perceives to be further endogenous GH release. Once the somatostatin level returns to normal ranges the release of GH from the pituitary returns to normal for the individual.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 pm