Mr.E
lasix82
6 posters

Prevent injuries

lasix82
    lasix82

Prevent injuries Empty Prevent injuries

Post by lasix82 Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 am

The relationship between muscle, bone, and tendon is called a functional syncytium. This basically states that as you strengthen muscles, you strengthen tendons and bones, but a smaller rate. You must allow tendons to adapt to stresses of strength training. Blood supply is limited to the tendons so have to gradual work your way up in weight or you run the risk of tearing or bruising a tendon, which will set you back for a while. Ever feel pain where the muscle attaches to bone? (tendonitis) You may need to lessen the weight until you can handle the stress. About 8 weeks of strength training can cause up to 50% increase in strength. Bone mineral density (BMD) goes up to 2%, after 1 year of a good, intense strength training program. To increase bone density, the training must be weight-bearing. (ex> sports, weight training) As you can tell muscle strengthen unproportionally as compared to tendons and bones. So in descending order-gaining muscle strength is the fastest, then tendon strength, then bone strength. Just keep in mind that if your a beginner don't try to be a tough guy and try to use weights that you can't handle. Increase weight gradually and the gains will come, be patient. To judge attainable weights, I'm an advocate of warm-up sets.
    Mr.E
    Mr.E

Prevent injuries Empty Re: Prevent injuries

Post by Mr.E Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 am

Nicely written Bro....
    bigguy
    bigguy

Post by bigguy Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 am

lasix,
    so, you are saying that when...let's say, i do chest & do a heavy chest workout & the day or the 2nd day after i work chest...sometimes i almost feel like the muscle is ripping away from the bone that is tendonitus...?
    just wondering if i am on the right track of what you are talking about...?
    thanks,
    bigguy Cool
    lasix82
    lasix82

Post by lasix82 Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 am

Big guy,
    I'm not saying that it is always tendonitis, but more often than not it usually is. I know so many bodybuilders who jump up too much weight too quick because the orals they were taking made them as strong as an ox. Your tendons can't take the stress of those crazy weights and increases the risk of tendonitis or a tear. Try backing off one week and then going back to a decent weight the following week. This type of training is called active rest. You still train, but not as heavy the following week. If you have any other questions just PM me.
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

Post by Eating Machine Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 am

I get tendonitis around my elbows bad. It is getting very irritating because I can't train arms very hard or it gets worse. HGH helps some, ibuprophen masks the pain, but not even time off seems to heal it.
    paulie617
    paulie617

Post by paulie617 Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am

Good Job Bro
    dutchtommy
    dutchtommy

Post by dutchtommy Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:16 am

great post! Exactly the question I've had for the last few weeks.
    I've backed my program off because my ligaments/tendons aren't keeping up with my muscle. So instead I now train a wider variety of muscles including my neck, I use even more perfect technique and go deeper. It has also given me an opportunity to spend more time on cardio and to start boxing again.
    BTW Bone density can increase faster as well if there is impact and more calcium. I like NOW Calcium that is made in Okinawa. (Okinawa has the oldest people on earth and latest studies show that calcium has alot to do with that, AND calcium helps build muscle/decrease fat) As for impact, kick boxing, running all cause minute fractures inside the bone laticework. Each time you impact and then heal (Heal : Calcium/minerals, sleep/time) the laticework becomes denser. That is how martial artists can punch thru bricks and not break their hands etc..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am