chasem0420
Mr.E
pincrusher
lasix82
10 posters

Does anyone else feel this way?

lasix82
    lasix82

Does anyone else feel this way? Empty Does anyone else feel this way?

Post by lasix82 Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 am

I'm tired of all these personal trainers with weekend degrees giving people stupid advice and training and diet. They make my field of study look bad. Any trainer who tells their client that they gained muscle in the first week or two should be shot! Exclamation If it was that easy to gain muscle, why aren't bodybuilders any bigger? Cause it can't happen! Don't be a physical trainer if your fat because if you don't know how to get in shape, how can you tell someone else how to? Another statement about trainers is the reps which they prescribe for their clients. Idea HELLO!, any reps over 20 are a waste of time. If you can an exercise for more than 20 reps, then you are probably not working out very hard. Intensity is the key element in every workout, if you don't have it, then you aren't going to make any progress. At my gym, one of the trainers actually prescribed deadlifts for a 50 year old man with back problems. What the fuck are they thinking?
    pincrusher
    pincrusher

Does anyone else feel this way? Empty Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

Post by pincrusher Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:59 am

my pet peeve with trainers is how the hell can you justify talking on your cell phone while you are training a client. with the money they charge for their services, it is supposed to be your private time with them not time for them to take phone calls or talk to friends while checking out the hot babes or guys on the gym floor. we have one trainer who specializes with kids and he has them doing the exercises so wrong it is sad. they also cheat on the sets because he spends more time talking to others and not even watching that the kids always find the easiest way out. he had them doing walking lunges across the gym floor one day and was so into hitting on some female that the kids would just walk across the floor upright without even lowering themselves down and then he would turn and say "great job" without having seen one since step.
    Mr.E
    Mr.E

Post by Mr.E Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am

lasix82 wrote:I'm tired of all these personal trainers with weekend degrees giving people stupid advice and training and diet. They make my field of study look bad. Any trainer who tells their client that they gained muscle in the first week or two should be shot! Exclamation If it was that easy to gain muscle, why aren't bodybuilders any bigger? Cause it can't happen! Don't be a physical trainer if your fat because if you don't know how to get in shape, how can you tell someone else how to? Another statement about trainers is the reps which they prescribe for their clients. Idea HELLO!, any reps over 20 are a waste of time. If you can an exercise for more than 20 reps, then you are probably not working out very hard. Intensity is the key element in every workout, if you don't have it, then you aren't going to make any progress. At my gym, one of the trainers actually prescribed deadlifts for a 50 year old man with back problems. What the fuck are they thinking?

LMAO.....

I know how you feel. My favorite is when a PT tells me how I should workout or I am not doing enough. Special when he is 90lbs (soaking wet) and just finished his degree - I just laugh at those people!
    chasem0420
    chasem0420

Post by chasem0420 Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 am

Bump EVERYTHING lasix said. I can't stand to see these overweight, out of shape assholes telling people to do ridiculous shit. If you're gonna get people in shape, then you should be in shape. Come on now.. I have to put some of the blame on their clients, though -- how in the hell can you justify paying someone around $50 an hour who is as out of shape as you are??? Idiots...
    MrX
    MrX

Post by MrX Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm

I have to say that if you think that is Bad in good ol USA, bros you gotta see the fattys that think they are trainers here in Ireland - worse yet you gotta see tyhem show people how to train the wrong way. These people got their credentials on the back of a rice crispies box
    bigguy
    bigguy

Post by bigguy Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm

oh man, this is like beating a dead horse then flipping him over & beating him some more...just because you are "certified" doesnt really mean shit...i am with lasix on this one, if you are going to be a trainer, get in freakin' shape & be a good example to your clients or soon to be clients...there are so many fat fucks at my gym that say they are trainers & dont have a clue...on the phone, talking to people while a client is with them...just stupid stuff that shouldnt happen...but you guys have all seen this...people pay there hard earned money for a "trainer" & they get nothing in return, just someone to talk to while they workout...!!!
    that's my 2cents...
    bigguy Twisted Evil
    GeneticFreak
    GeneticFreak

Post by GeneticFreak Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Believe it or not, some people hire a PT just to up their status. They want to be part of the "in" crowd and be able to say that they have a PT. I don't waste my time with these people. Although I could use the extra cash for doing nothing, I refuse to get that kind of a rep.

You guys are right though....it is a joke to some people.
    dutchtommy
    dutchtommy

Post by dutchtommy Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Me redneck gramps always used to say, 'proof of the pudding is in the eatin.' If he ain't big, he don't know. Seems to me that there are two issues here. One is intelligence that can be gained from books, and the other is WISDOM that can only be gained from experience. Guys that have been lifting for decades got WISDOM and INTELLIGENCE. Guys with a freshly inked paper that says PT have only INTELLIGENCE at best.
    My gramps was a smart one eh?
    Eating Machine
    Eating Machine

Post by Eating Machine Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:04 pm

I've actually had one these turds tell me I was doing it wrong.

I'm sure a look of confusion came over my face for a moment before I politely said " shut the f*%& up".
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 pm

BIP BUMP to EM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content